ID:191015

Hmm, just curious. Would anyone be angry if I made a Dragonball Z game?
Dracon wrote:

Not so long as you make it as original as you can by changing the names of the characters and attacks, as well as towns and what not.

Then all should be fine ^_^

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
I was discussing ideas with K'ros last night, and I just felt like making a Dragonball Z game... except not an RPG Dragonball Z game, nor a Fighting Dragonball Z game.
Dracon wrote:

Well the more important question to ask is "Would anyone notice it if I made a Dragonball Z game?". Due to the overwhelming number of DBZ games that show up in the listing with very little to differentiate between them it's easy to surpass a new one unless you are looking.
In response to Dracon
Dracon wrote:
I was discussing ideas with K'ros last night, and I just felt like making a Dragonball Z game... except not an RPG Dragonball Z game, nor a Fighting Dragonball Z game.

Well, so long as it is what you want and it is not like the others I don't think there should be a big deal.

--Lee
In response to Theodis
Well, not to be boastful, but I have a great imagination. It wouldn't affect people such as Lexy and Lummox, but there are a lot of Dragonball Z fans that sure would play my game. And, I've been watching the new episodes lately, and it has just been encouraging me.
Heh, I would post my idea's on the forum, but people would probably take them... either that, or I'm just paranoid.
In response to Dracon
Dracon wrote:
Well, not to be boastful, but I have a great imagination. It wouldn't affect people such as Lexy and Lummox, but there are a lot of Dragonball Z fans that sure would play my game. And, I've been watching the new episodes lately, and it has just been encouraging me.

Well why don't you begin then :P

Create a playable version, then we can all see if it is greater than the rest ^_^

I for one will back you in creating the game so long as you stick to it and don't give anyone the source code nor let anyone see it.

So as far as anything else goes... Good luck.
I was also thinking of a DBZ game last night. But to be original it would be a side scroller. Think about it. You could set keys to moves you learn and you can fight in the air and everything. How about one of those? I'd be willing to help with the turfs for free.
In response to Dracon
Dracon wrote:

Well there you have it only those who would care about your game would notice. So anyone who wouldn't like the idea probably won't even acknoledge that exists so you have no problem.

But why make a DBZ game? You could have a larger demography if you just used concepts similiar to that in DBZ, add in things you think would be cool, and don't use the stuff you don't like. Then you'd have an original game, that people could enjoy even if they know nothing about DBZ and all those that like DBZ should like that too if the concepts are similiar.
In response to Theodis
Hmm... that's right. I'll think about that
In response to Dracon
Yah i just didn't want to use that one. So .. You can have it :P
Back are we? I thought you were leaving forever, oh well, I was supposed to be back 3 months ago, and of course, I'm just checking in from school. Anyway, I was working on a DB game for a while, I'll tell you my tactics:

I based the game 50 years after Dragonball AF, needless to say, all the people from any of the series are dead (Yes, the kais too) and I replaced every needed character with some new ones and then I completely got rid of the Z fighters. I evened out the power of the saiyans and the other races, making icers the most powerful, oh and one thing, majins are not a race. Mystic is not a powerup that can be learned, but not taught, and if you are an ambitious half-saiyan, I say you can reach SS4, but of course, yo uare Dracon, and I'd bet you've already thought this up, despite the fact you are what, two years younger than me? oh well, I'm done on this matter...

In response to Theodis
Theodis wrote:
But why make a DBZ game? You could have a larger demography if you just used concepts similiar to that in DBZ, add in things you think would be cool, and don't use the stuff you don't like. Then you'd have an original game, that people could enjoy even if they know nothing about DBZ and all those that like DBZ should like that too if the concepts are similiar.

The man makes an excellent point.
Using similar concepts inspired by something you love gives you the benefit of originality, and freedom to introduce whatever elements you choose. The game won't be lost among a crowd of DBZ games because it won't be one; yet it will attract DBZ fans by having its roots in the same place, and it may attract many others by virtue of what makes it stand out.

Actually if you made a game that had some similar concepts to DBZ but was as non-anime as possible, you might attract a wide audience. I say non-anime because although getting away from a strict DBZ spinoff might earn you a few more players, getting away from anime would do even more. (I'm convinced that DBZ-hating anime lovers are only a small subset of the anime crowd.)

Lummox JR
Dracon wrote:

I'd probably react the same way I've reacted to the other hundred or so DBZ games. Though "reacted to" is probably less accurate a phrase than "failed to notice". :)
Not with you behind it.
In response to Dracon
WEll...as long as you keep the code to yourself and dont sell it at any mesure.
In response to Dracon
Go ahead and make another DBZ game, you have in the past, so mine as well start a new future. I wouldn't mind a new style of DBZ game. I have an idea but I don't want to put it up here. I hope its not the same as yours, or than I'm going to look stupid. ^_^

-Joey is Zzz...
Hutchy2k1 wrote:
Im not sure who this guy is but i believe he was one of the first to get a hold of Zeta and rip it whats to stop him from doing it again?

The fact that I will be the only one with the source.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Back are we? I thought you were leaving forever, oh well, I was supposed to be back 3 months ago, and of course, I'm just checking in from school. Anyway, I was working on a DB game for a while, I'll tell you my tactics:
All I can say is, "Wow". I don't want your crappy tactics.

despite the fact you are what, two years younger than me? oh well, I'm done on this matter...

Your name is "Ter13", which means you are probably 13. I am 15. Therefore, I am 2 years older than you... nice math.
Page: 1 2 3