In response to Kunark
Same here, its comon for someone to name something .mp3.exe, the best thing to do is have the newest version of kazaa lite. Kazaa has a virus in one of the first pop ups you get, my virus scanner always said.
In response to Jotdaniel
No its not free, but its not exspencive, its like $20 or you can download it from kazaa, i have a legal version of it, my friend runs one off kazaa, it works just fine.
You know chris that Kazaa has options to filter out basically anything and everything harmful? And from the previous posts, it also has the query to disable Adware, although the only spyware comes through gator.
So basically if you take time to customize your kazaa desktop it can be potentially very safe.

Tools > Options > Filter

If you check the boxes here it will be very safe.
Also chris, I apologize for my very early actions that made you think I thought myself a god. But I was going through some rough times and am feeling much better. If you would like to talk again, my aim sn is NeoHaxorX.

-=Ken=-

P.S: I never really left, but I just got a new computer yesterday morning, so I am back for good (Although my life limits my time)
In response to Scoobert
My virus scanner is 3 years old (in other words, useless) so I have no way of knowing :-/

But hey, it did protect me from a backdoor trojan once... Got a hacker that froze my mouse and restarted my computer because of it... luckely my virus shield caught it because at the time I still ahd it running at startup.
Im pretty sure Dracon MP3's cant contain Virus's and niether can Image files or Video's sooo aslong ad ya stay away from the programs yer okay.
In response to Kunark
You paranoid little ... something really mean and hurtful, If y'all just look at what you donloaded before double clicking on it you'd be fine, but whatever, go delete you Kazaas, run screaming for the hills, see if I care.
In response to Kunark
I got benjamin once, luckily kazaa was providing a program from Bull guard that gets rid of it. I wouldnt recommend gettin the worn though, it takes like an hour and a half to remove it from all the files in IE where it was found.
In response to SSJKaclis
Yea Kazaa is spyware thats why theres Kazaa lite ^^
In response to Jacro
It's amazing how trusting people1 can be when you provide them an alternative like Kazaa lite, even though there is no proof there isn't spyware that does it's job without being noticed on it.
<font size=1>1 - That is to say, stupid people.
In response to DasFalke
When using the i-net it's not being paranoid... It's being careful :P There is so many viruses out there and so many ways to get them that if you don't worry about them, you will likely get them. You can't always just look at what you downloaded because trojans (viruses that come out of a file you opened, such as an application) arn't the only types of viruses. Others, like some worms, can invade networks with people not doing a thing on their computer and then *boom* "Why is there messages on my computer saying to F*** off and that windows and all my personal files were deleted? I wasn't even using it!"
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
I use kazaa lite because its add free and you can download programs, not just mp3. I had a problem with all the programs like kazaa and bearshare because they had a bunch of ads, and for somereason they slowed my computer way down. Plus all the pop ups and spy ware. Kazaa lite is(as for as i can tell) your safest bet out there. Always make sure you have a good virus scanner though.

BearShare is also spyware, and it actually installs some more spyware that's difficult to get rid of. (AudioGalaxy has a similar problem.)

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I know, i installed it, and what did it do? Installed a bunch of spy ware(really i call it ad ware). I uninstalled it and got kazaa lite.
In response to Lummox JR
Imesh?
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
Imesh?

I haven't kept up on Imesh, but I believe that one was initially one of the worst in the spyware field. When Napster first went down the tubes, Imesh was one of the most unique sharing programs out there in that it didn't use the Gnutella network, but it was unfathomably sucky. Whether it still is, I don't know, but I'm not inclined to find out.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
In response to Jacro
MP3 files can contain Viruses, it was all over tech tv(if you get it). They only seem to do it to windowsXP and 2000 if i heard right.
In response to Garthor
kazaa lite has been proven safe, it gets high praise from lots of major sites. It has been proven spy ware free.
In response to Dracimor
Dracimor wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
LimeWire isn't bad either except for the fact that it uses the Gnutella network. Plus, neither of those programs are spyware, which KaZaA is.

Actually LimeWire does contain spyware, and a virus.

No; LimeWire does come with links to allow you to install some software that I think is spyware, but it has none itself and installs none of its own. As for a virus, it comes with none; this is a professional product and even if it wasn't, no such program would automatically come with a virus--unless you were foolish enough to download an install .exe off of another service like KaZaA.

Lummox JR
In response to SSJKaclis
SSJKaclis wrote:
Just a thought, KaZaA is spyware, so right when you download it, you get a virus. I never did trust KaZaA after this guy attempted to send me a virus (Thank you Nortan Anti-virus 2002).

You don't get a virus just from having it, nor from it being spyware. (Some spyware could be classed as a trojan, though. AudioGalaxy's spyware should be outright illegal because it's all but impossible to purge.)

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Maz wrote:
Imesh?

I haven't kept up on Imesh, but I believe that one was initially one of the worst in the spyware field.

I don't know about spyware, but it does have a serious ad problem. They pop up randomly while you're surfing the net. Eeeeeeevil Gator! They must rot in hell! IN HELL I SAY!

For a while there I thought BYOND had resorted to pop-up ads to keep itself afloat. o_0

Like I said. Eeeeeeeevil.
Page: 1 2 3