In response to Maz
So did I, though I was upset because I couldn't figure out how to make any custom icons work.
In response to Mertek
I agree, purple is why I stopped playing mainly, and the document finding being only real source of experience and such was too repetitive.

The first game I played, was sadly, the friend who introduced it to me was a DBZer, so I said I'd try it, so he led me to Dragon Ball Epic Online.

Second game I played was Morte.
I can't remember... It was either: Morte, DWO or DBGT: Genisis. I found BYOND cause of DBZ: Spar but it was closed so...
In response to Druin
Wow, all this time I though I was the only loser that bought it =P
Hmmm...actually the first game I played was Viper5555's little action game he made. You guys probably never saw it, he never released it (Viper was in one of my classes in 8th grade and I introduced DUNG to him back then). He made a racing game too, but I don't remember which one I played first.
first game i ever played for byond was the same game.

I was called into it by a friend named Ronn, we were designing a text mud at the time.

He became the forum moderater and helped name DBEO, which ironically, was also partly my idea aswell.
In response to Dareb
Ronn == Deadron?
In response to Maz
I think theres only one n in Deadrons first name.
In response to Jotdaniel
I guessed but the moderator bit threw me off.
In response to Dareb
Ol' Ronn.. Really havn't talked to him for a while, but I have talked to Matt recently although his college years are keeping him busy.
I remember when he introduced me to you back when I was SonVegitto and a newbie. I wonder if anyone around here still recalls our first game, Bloodbath, that we made together *My first shot at icons as well as programming*.
I was dragged to BYOND one night by both of these guys to play DBEO and DBZ:NN, which were the rage at the time. I remember spending countless hours hanging out with a few friends and trying to become the strongest, which required no effort (Aah, the ignorant ol' days) But I have clearly moved away from that trance after I learned I could make my own games :-).

-=Ken=-
In response to OneFishDown
my bros (airjoe) friend (pmac) found the DWO site a long time before BYOND, so he had no idea how to play it *snicker snicker*
In response to Ghaleon
Ghaleon wrote:
Hmmm...actually the first game I played was Viper5555's little action game he made. You guys probably never saw it, he never released it (Viper was in one of my classes in 8th grade and I introduced DUNG to him back then). He made a racing game too, but I don't remember which one I played first.

Yeah I remember that game. Spuzzum got the source code for the Derby game passed on to him. And the Cityworkz source was given to me.

So whatever happined to him :)?
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
SpaceTug. I played it with Monterio. BYOND was EMPTY back then, but it was going increasingly popular. The critter scared the wits out of me! It was that music.... Of course, Space Tug doesn't do that to me anymore becuase I asked where the shuttle was and found an easy way out.

*acts like an old fogie* Back in my day, we didn't have any stinkin' shuttle! We had to hunt down that critter and torch it! And we woin't suck people out them airlocks, neither -- we'd try our best ter save every last one er them crewmembers!
In response to Spuzzum
Well maybe your peoppe should have gone to *pressurized rooms*. No one knows the concept of pressurization. You close all the doors and you can no longer be sucked out! As a plus you won't explode from depressurizatoon. No one uderstands what I mean when I say go into pressurized rooms before I blow the airlock. Maybe the critter should have an option to knock out a part of the shuttle called the 'core' which stops the shuttle from operating. (as an interesting plus have the shuttle start to overload and shutdown causing that to become a new airlock. A bug was that the shuttle would not disappear after it is launched.)
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
"A Taste of DUNG", when I first joined,

Ditto.
DBZ saga or something DBZ.Was hooked and then it got stupidly boring and quit.
Same with me DBEO was my first.. then a week later I found Dragon Ball GT gen and other games
In response to NeoHaxor
I myself floated away from byond, hovered over AC2 fora bit, then went over to scriptbuddy and have remained ever since, writing scripts and getting ready to publish them.

Completing Highschool then rushing headlong into and through College are my next choices. Im moving away from programming and towards Writing as a career, but still learning programming as hobby.

At least with writing, people recognize my skills.
In response to KitKate20
I think it was Final Encounter or the ohter one made by Silver destinyXL something. Or that other af game. No, wait, DragonballGT Major, I was logging in with my black screen, I was wondering why it was black, and someone, I don't remember who, cried, "I can't go ssj3!", that's when i got geeked. That was the first game I played.
In response to Maz
No, Ronn, is "Ronn". That's his key. He is the one who got me started coding in DM. He first introduced me to SonVegitto AKA NeoHaxor, who helped me a great deal in learning about BYOND and DM.

-Rcet
Page: 1 2 3