ID:190395

Whether its a given name, a nickname, a spiritual name, a code name, or an insult. Each label you receive describes you either for good or bad.

Some are outright lies, but others could be absolute truth. To better see what I mean read

http://www.kabalarians.com

this is a great site for names and the meanings behind them.
Dareb wrote:
http://www.kabalarians.com

this is a great site for names and the meanings behind them.

I entered my first name and it matched me quite good. Then I tried another name with no relation to me whatsoever, and you know what, it matched very good as well! Then I tried an obscene word and guess what: A very good match!

You need to realize that general clichés and traits can describe any person. Find out who you are by going within, not by using a name generator on the net.

/Gazoot (the Searcher)
In response to Gazoot
well to a few people who are overzealous, those few people who consider themselves the epitomy of creation, all vague descriptions will describe them or so they see.

But ive seen others there that dont even describe me remotely, and guess what.. most dont.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
well to a few people who are overzealous, those few people who consider themselves the epitomy of creation, all vague descriptions will describe them or so they see.

Obviously you don't know me or yourself well enough when resorting to taunts. Of course, you will probably say that it wasn't meant for me.

But ive seen others there that dont even describe me remotely, and guess what.. most dont.

Everything is within you, it's just a matter of picking it out. When you choose what to bring forth from yourself, you create yourself. You don't need a name to do that.

Do you really think a combination of letters shows who you are?

/Gazoot
Wow that was pretty close to me in some ways lol
Well, I put in my name, and guess what? Somewhere between 1-3 out of the 10 or so facts actually matched my personality. How amazing.
I only have one thing to say about this:

As Dareb, you have a natural interest in the welfare of your fellow man, and a desire to help and serve others in a humanitarian way. You are responsible and generous, although somewhat scattering and disorganized at times. Any jobs requiring systematic and conscientious effort, or involving any form of drudgery, dismay you. In your work, you would seek a position offering self-expression through contact with people, such as sales or teaching, or a position giving scope to your creative, artistic talents. You are good-natured and likeable, and people tend to confide in you and seek your advice in personal problems. Others sense your sincere interest and desire to help, and you can always be counted on to see the bright side of any problem. You enjoy making others happy and you never let your own problems "get you down" for any length of time, even though you do tend to worry too much at times. Your optimism can be a source of inspiration to others as well as yourself. In close personal relationships you are usually thoughtful and considerate. However, your natural interest in others, coupled with your sympathetic reaction to problems, could draw you into emotional situations which may be difficult to get out of. Health weakness would appear as skin conditions or ailments relative to the liver. A tendency to overeat quick-energy foods aggravates any health problems.

While the first name of Dareb has some constructive qualities, it has characteristics that undermine your long-term happiness and success in life.

They got at least one part right!

[EDIT]

Okay, I'm sure everyone here would agree that this seems downright eerie:

Your first name of Lexy has given you a quick, active mind, which has caused you to delve into many different ideas and theories. You have a desire for association with people and, since you have no difficulty in being spontaneous and expressive with others, you have considerable ability for discussion and debate. You enjoy unexpected opportunities for meeting people, or doing things on the spur of the moment. Where you have difficulty is in organizing and systematizing the handling of your responsibilities. Though you can work on any undertaking intently as long as it absorbs your interest, you cannot persevere when confronted by obstacles or by tedious monotony. Thus your success in your undertakings is limited. The tasks or activities you enjoy the most allow some form of creative or artistic expression. You will never tolerate a situation where your independence and individuality are curtailed. Conditions in your personal life can change very quickly to turmoil any time you are challenged, or when there is any friction or misunderstanding, because you can be very caustic and outspoken. There is an element of idealism in this name which makes you generous toward those who are less fortunate than yourself, and also causes you to uphold the rights of others. This name creates an over-sensitive nature that allows your emotions to be unduly aroused. You are apt to be indulgent in eating rich, quick-energy foods, which you crave because your nervous system becomes depleted of vitality. Ailments of the liver and a weak back could result.

However, I would be obliged to point out that it wasn't until I was in college (and 18 years into my life) that anyone ever called me "Lexy". Weird that all these patterns caused by that name had already shown up by then, huh? Also, less eerie... my name analysis ends with the same thing as Dareb's:

While the first name of Lexy has some constructive qualities, it has characteristics that undermine your long-term happiness and success in life.

Thankfully, though, the helpful Caballeros are willing to sell me an in-depth name report, as well as their advice on what I should change my name to.

It's almost like they're trying to sell something to gullible people.

That text describes me pretty well!
Heres mine, although most of the top half is right, the whole bottom half is wrong and practicly opposite of me:

Your name of (My Name) creates a quick, clever mind capable of grasping and assimilating new ideas. You are rather studious, mentally challenging each new idea before accepting it. Because you learn so quickly you have little patience with those whose mental processes are somewhat slower, and you could become supercilious or somewhat "know it all" in your attitude. This characteristic could make you rather unpopular with your associates. Although you are very knowledgeable and intelligent, you often find spontaneous verbal expression difficult. You crave friendship, understanding, love, and affection about your reserved manner appears forbidding to others. You can give expression to your personal thoughts and feelings most fluently through the written word. You have a sensitive nature--sensitive to your environment and particularly sensitive to how your deeper and more serious interests are regarded by others. Your feelings are very easily hurt and to protect yourself you withdraw within the realms of your own private thoughts and shut out the rest of the world. Moods, which are your worst enemy, result. Your sensitivity and lack of verbal expression frustrate and limit the satisfaction in life to be gained from your responsible and capable nature. Health problems arise due to worry and a sensitivity in the respiratory area which could lead to problems with the heart, lungs, or bronchial organs.

It makes me laugh though that it says I'm not satisfied with myself and because of it I'm going to kill off all my organs :P
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Not fair!! I got the same definition as lexy, for ken... These definitions are clearly a scam by the government to keep a name of all the fools they can... eer... fool by giving us the same range of 10 possible definitions. I certaily will not buy a name report!

-=Ken=-
P.S: It was Col. Mustard in the byond forum.. with the names page!
In response to NeoHaxor
Yeah. It's just a stock text with some random variables. I put my name in and got practically the same thing. Rip. Off.
The name of Shodan gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings. Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity.

Wahahah.. Can you believe it?....
After Citiadel and VB you'd think anyone'd learn...
i put asshole in there and it said i was a creative thinker who loves the arts.
I put my first name in there and(its Daniel if anyone COULDNT guess)the description it gave me is surprisingly accurate, so accurate its almost scary. Heres with it told me:

Your name of Daniel has created a most expressive nature, idealistic and inspirational, driven with a strong inner urge to be of service in some way that would uplift humanity as a whole. However, there is a tendency to assume too heavy a burden of responsibility for others, which leads to worry and undue concern. People with problems are drawn to you as they recognize you as one who has understanding and gives not only sympathy and comfort but provides also some constructive advice or assistance. You have a generous quality to your nature, but you must guard carefully against giving more than you receive or you will find yourself doing without because you have helped someone else. You love people, family, home, and friends and try to be a parent to the whole human race. While you have generally stable conditions in your personal life, you may experience some problems in business affairs through a tendency to be scattering and inattentive to details. Any health problems would show as tension in the nervous system brought on by worry.
While the first name of Daniel has some constructive qualities, it has characteristics that undermine your long-term happiness and success in life.

^ I think they tell that to everyone.
The name of Ter creates an overly-sensitive nature which causes you to sense and feel far more than you can understand or put into words. You have a deep, artistic, and creative side which shows through a love for music and literature. Writing is a more natural mode of expression for your deeper thoughts and feelings than the spoken word. You have an ability to concentrate and work intently on anything which holds your interest. However, you prefer to avoid routine, monotony, and mental tasks. You enjoy the out-of-doors and find your greatest peace and relaxation from the beauty and harmony of nature. You prefer to limit your friendships and associations to those who share your interests and appreciate your quiet, refined ways. Others often find it difficult to understand you. Your feelings tend to build up within you and, if you cannot release them through a creative, constructive channel, you could suffer with frustration, moods, and much inner turmoil. This name causes tension in the region of the solar plexus, as well as the heart and lungs. Health problems would centre in those areas of the body.

Ter is my chosen name, not my birth name. My birth name was the kind of person I hate... Powerhungry hypocrites...

Anyway, Ter is a much better name than Steven. I've had an affinity with this name for some time. And I do express myself through writing, I wrote a poem a while ago, let's see if I can find a link to it...

nope.. can't find it, but I got it published a while ago, it wans't that bad...
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
As Dareb, you have a natural interest in the welfare of your
fellow man, and a desire to help and serve others in a
humanitarian way...

Funny thing - I entered my name (James) and got the *exact* word-for-word output -- Dareb and I must be long lost twins, or maybe even *gasp* soul-mates!

These boiler-plate descriptions do not a person make. While there are many similarities in what I found, I could put in anyones name and run the high chance of 'seeing' many of the same qualities in myself.

This website is a nice parlor trick or party gag, and to get people to purchase the full report - which most likely is not worth it.

Only *you* can define yourself.
In response to Gazoot
No, but I believe names can trigger certain qualities and stiffle others
In response to Ter13
well my birth name is Aaron.
I'll give you five bucks if you name your child "Abdul-Hadi" ;-)

-Chris
Page: 1 2