In response to Dracon
I R TEH HAXOR JOO NOW!
In response to digitalmouse
Hah! Yet more evidence that if you're using ZoneAlarm, you desperately need to get yourself a decent firewall. =)

*feels lucky that he's just bought himself a switch... with a built-in firewall* =P
In response to Tseng True Guerilla
If it was an IP ban, that would be a result of a non-static IP address, not Zan's 1337 h4x0r1n6 5k1l1z.
In response to Garthor
That's why you use this. =P
In response to Crispy
It would work better if you didn't mention how it worked in the description (goes to delete client-side save files for many dbz games he's flooded)
In response to FuZzY DiCe
Hey, You're funny! Im not a hacker, nor do I claim to be. I just chose a name that I found interesting.

But these people aren't nearly as bad as those cocky fools that claim to be good at art or go so far to call their edited work original. http://developer.byond.com/people/FuzzyDice

~;)\)3();~
< Not a hacker, just convincingly insane >
In response to Da_Rushyo
A competent programmer could pick that up just by looking at the code. =) And it needs to be mentioned, in case it conflicts with the game's existing client-side saving. (Shouldn't happen, but client-side saving is so fiddly that you never know.)
In response to NeoHaxor
You make me laugh considering you edited star ocean and bof2 sprites for your games ;) and i believe your statement for your new name was http://developer.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_read&id=84466&forum=7&view=0
if thats not calling yourself a hacker i dont know what is...but then again im an idiot right?
FuZzY DiCe wrote:
You make me laugh considering you edited star ocean and bof2 sprites for your games ;) and i believe your statement for your new name was http://developer.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_read&id=84466&forum=7&view=0
if thats not calling yourself a hacker i dont know what is...but then again im an idiot right?

I like basketball, but that doesn't make me a basketball player. Likewise, someone might like hacking, but that does not make them a hacker.
FuZzY DiCe wrote:

Right.

$~Stimulus~$
In response to Crispy
Zonealarm doesnt say that it'll do that. It just says that it will stop logging the attack attempts after a certain point.
In response to OneFishDown
A fan of hacking...how goofy...guess hes the first then.
In response to digitalmouse
I have Zone Alarm Pro, I'm curious if that would happen to me too. I'll probably ask you to do it next time I see you in Chatters and pray that it doesn't work :). I've gone to a couple of those security sites and they all give me great results(not that I trust them), but if there is a way to mess with my pc I'd like to know it. :)

On topic, any really hacker wouldn't tell you he was going to do something, and probably wouldn't parade around telling people. :)
In response to Jnco904
Of course it would! At least as long as digi was doing it. That would be more commonly known as a ping flood, or DoS(Denial of Service) attack. Packets (in this case, ones for pinging) are rapidly sent to a target, effectively using up all of the target's bandwidth. Legitimate packets are unable to get through.
In response to Jon88
Jon88 wrote:
Of course it would! At least as long as digi was doing it. That would be more commonly known as a ping flood, or DoS(Denial of Service) attack. Packets (in this case, ones for pinging) are rapidly sent to a target, effectively using up all of the target's bandwidth. Legitimate packets are unable to get through.

Is that because digi has his own server? Him having more bandwidth would allow his pc to last longer than mine right? I have DSL and no clue how much bandwidth I have, but if you say so I shouldn't try it because I'm on a network and my family may not be happy about it. :)
FuZzY DiCe wrote:

Well I am a fan of hacking, I find it quite tactical. But I do not claim to be a hacker. I doubt you named yourself "Fuzzy Dice" because you actually are a pair, no I believe you would favor them at the least. Also, for those sprites I have edited I have given full credit, but at least I dont claim the work my own (This was the point I was getting at).
But of course, at least you openly admit to being an idiot. That gives us one agreement.

~;)\)3();~
< The true fan of hacking >
In response to Jnco904
Jnco904 wrote:
On topic, any really hacker wouldn't tell you he was going to do something, and probably wouldn't parade around telling people. :)

Im guessing most would at least give you some way of knowing they did it. Its like beating up the fat kid, you want everyone too see so you'll be cool and he wont mess with you again.
Although I ran into the fat kid the other day, and now his like 6 foot tall and buff... Good thing I was friends with him.
Anyway, back on topic, most people with low self esteem lie about themselves when online (And the majority of people who spend 1+ hours a night online have esteem issues). Hackers = The Online Fonz, and you dont get much cooler then the Fonz, so thats what your going to pretend to be.
At least thats how I see it.
And on that note...
*Jumps trashcans on motor bike*
Heeeeeeyyyyy
In response to Jnco904
You also shouldn't try it since your ISP would probably want to lynch you. There's the whole question about how legal it is. Besides, ADSL(which you probably have, it being more common), although having lots of nice downstream bandwidth, usually has a very small amount of upstream bandwidth.
In response to Jon88
Definitely ADSL then(1100 down 90 up :( ). So my ISP would essentially hate me because I was attacked? That would suck. :P
In response to Jnco904
Lol, I thought you meant it the other way. I must not have read your post carefully. Your ISP probably wouldn't hate it, but you would. :P
Page: 1 2 3