In response to DBHavenMaster
DBHavenMaster wrote:
No, that's an oxymoron. Just like "smart DBZers" or "able to spell DBZers".

No, you are wrong, you don't know every DBZer, or even just the ones on BYOND. It may be accurate to say that "most" or "the majority" of them are dumb, but to say that all of them are dumb is incorrect.
In response to OneFishDown
And not every "non-DBZer" is brilliant, fair, or are at a lack of ignorance. On the contrary it is the reverse for us. (Two posts up *HINT HINT*)

~;)\)3();~
How about this: We all know that not all Dragonball fans are DBZers. It's not fair for most fans to be placed with the hardcore "I'm gonna rip this cause I can" fans. So...I suggest a term/definition change. This is referring to some of the posts below.

Dragonball Fan: A fan of the show, who talks about it and such, but who doesn't rip Zeta/Genesis/whatever else.
DBZer: Same as usual, the kind of fan who rips and etc.

Going by these, I'd consider my self a mild Dragonball Fan.
All agreed?

Tiko
In response to Crispy
Hey Crispy, I finally found my new key after two dayys of research, Dreamfall.
In response to Conquest
Good choice. =)
In response to Tiko
Check out the Bwiki definition of a DBZer.
In response to Crispy
Hmm, how about we get Dantom to update DS so that a yellow star always appears next to the name of a DBZer. We can also boycot their shops and services, smash their windows, etc. Then we can start rounding them up and move them into small, concentrated areas, and ultimately get rid of them.
Heil OneFishDown! Non-Leet Energie!
In response to Dracon
I seem to remember in the "good old days of BYOND" DBZ was hated just as much. Unless you count the days when it was just DBZO (Now DBEO), or when it was just DBEO and DBZ-SPAR.
Now dont get my wrong, Im a DBZ fan from way back, and I can name plenty of intelligent/moral/mature DBZ fans, however they all steer clear of BYOND.
People dont like DBZ because they dont like DBZ. They arent trying not to like it. I dont see Lexy putting Buffy labels on DBZ videos then sneaking out to watch them in the middle of the night.
What you've said here is basically "No one likes DBZers because not liking DBZers is a fad". Think about it for a second. People dont like DBZers (here) because the majority are rude, greedy, immature and immoral.
That and the HUB has been full of DBZ "games" for years. The same junk* has been showing up for years and people are (and have been for a long time) sick of it.
The fact is, on BYOND a DBZer is a bad thing, and its the average BYOND DBZers fualt.

On another note, I really find the way you slipped the Linux vs Windows arguement in annoying. Its got nothing to do with what you were talking about, and seems to only be there to make you sound like a hardcore anti-conformist.
I am switching over to Linux next week because Ive heard a lot of good things about it, and personally I would prefere DOS to the new versions of Windows if it was still an option.
The Windows 3.X series were great, but now Windows has become too user friendly for my likings. They are catering to a differnt audience (The casual user) nowdays, so naturally its going to let down the old audience.
Windows crashes because its not designed to be tinkered with, which is fair enough, but I dont like that but Im not going to get my Nan to go Red Hat. Now if your going on and only using Word and MSN then its great, but once you start installing and uninstalling programs often enough you start running into problems. (I dont know if thats any better on a Linux machine, but it cant hurt to check)
Heck, your "mindless zombie of the social norm" statement is completely wrong when your anti-Linux talking about Linux vs Windows. If anything a Windows user would be the mindless Zombie, because Windows is the norm.
Im not saying all Windows users are mindless zombies, Im not even saying anyone is a mindless zombie. I dont even think a true conformist exists. Sure I know people who do anything to be popular, but in the end they do that because its what they want.

*Dont try to argue that, you know that most of that stuff is in fact junk. I dont mean to offend the creators or the players, but the games are incomplete, not planned out, and usually stolen or contain stolen content.
OneFishDown wrote:
I think its pretty safe to say that most of them aren't too intelligent, and aren't even close to being the least bit mature.

Well that sounds like most people I know, both in-person and over-the-internet. People aren't intelligent in general... or so it seems.

-Chris
In response to DBHavenMaster
Hey, I'm a "DBZer" and I have the IQ of about 115.

Infact, I don't know any DBZers that spell horribly. I mean, some of them use "newbie" terms ('u' 'ur' 'ppl' etc.), but they really are okay people. Who really cares if they say 'hey every1, what's up with u all?'. Most of them are really polite. You've just probably had a problem with one or two of them, and now stereotype all of them as rude, semi-retarded jerks.

-Chris
In response to Dracon
Dracon wrote:
Hey, I'm a "DBZer" and I have the IQ of about 115.

And mines 124, so whats your point? Most the time people don't act "stupid" on the basis of their 'IQ'. Its a persons social intellegence (EQ) that could be blamed for that.

Example -- Their are quite a few (far from being a LOT, but still quite a few) young teens with an IQ over 160, a few less with an IQ over 180, so on and so forth. One child (his name slipped me) was featured on Dateline. twice. With an IQ was over 200, he had already been through college and was currently looking for a career. This episode of Dateline was taped when he was 12. This kid was an amazingly brilliant person, but a complete and utter social moron. He was the kind of person who would get labled "ass clown"

My 2 dimes

~Cryptic
In response to Cryptic
Yeah, and people with IQs above 120 are usually assholes. Or says the laws of the social norm.

Don't look now! I'm just a friendly reminder....
In response to Dracon
I don't think you even understood my post. Your comment on stating your IQ was completely asinine -- in the end, your "numbers" mean crap.
In response to NeoHaxor
NeoHaxor wrote:
MAN WE NEED SOME GOOD GAMES AROUND HERE!

Then make some.

$~Stim Shady~$
In response to Cryptic
I don't think you understood what MY post meant. People like you are making generalizations about "DBZers" as being "stupid, greedy kids who spell horribly". Just like I'm making a generalization of people with the IQ of 120+ as being "assholes"
We can call that period of time DBallnacht!

~;)\)3();~
< lets all ruin another style of a mustache >
In response to NeoHaxor
Hiel Scotland?
Page: 1 2 3