In response to Spuzzum
Ah... uh... why? =)
In response to War_master66
War_master66 wrote:
i know this is my third post in a row but i havent looked over the entire thread yet anywayus Foomer heres one of my ideas for my game: okay here it is have the regular old game around most of the time then, occasionally, like once every other time the planets are all aligned lol, have another Arena based version tourney style(i know you said you dont want to see more arena games but anyways) where you load up your characters from the regular version and each bet experience points, gold or a rare item, and i hope i <S>wont</s> get pummeled for even having the brain that thought of this <s>possibly</s> extremley stupid idea...

Then you can add GM, and get a million requests a day from people with the prefix SSJ123 in their name. Of course, it would eventually change to DBZ after constant pressure from the DBZ community. That's why I will never make game even closely linked to DBZ

.::DBHavenMaster::.
In response to Grei
Yea that would be good too.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Well, by the circumstances, if this document that doesn't exist were to actually exist, then it would be in Sariat's email, along with a few other peoples' email.

*looks around* Me no speaka inglish.
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:
If only I would get my new text engine done, Mertek would bring his futuristic RPGs back. I wonder why he dosn't use BYOND Tabletop Gaming...

Quite simply because it takes ages to roll up characters for new players. I tried it way-back-when, and they just left because it took too long to set up. I made it a tad faster to calculate the skills, but I have to manually enter in about 70 skill values, and all of the other stats and attributes. I could do it the way I did it on TextMUD, but that was just an improvisation, really. It was hardly balanced and I was practically guessing on what to do.

What I tried to do with BYOND Tabletop Gaming, was use the actual ruleset, Fallout PnP (Pen and Paper) 2.0 (http://pnp.duckandcover.net/downloads/fallout_pnp_2_0.pdf), with a bunch of additional fleshed-out skills, which made it take forever. I tried a freeform session or two with TextMUD more recently, but couldn't get into it without dedicated players. Making up new scenarios for a couple of players that would never show up again isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd be willing to start something up again, but I need dedicated players (who are also decent roleplayers (I'm serious, the last time I did the freeform, it was terrible, really)) who can and will show up at the right time.
In response to Mertek
im a decent roleplayer but well I DO have a life lol, I can't always be there to play.
In response to Crispy
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Say, what's your home address? (Kidding, kidding.)
In response to Spuzzum
Been a recent visitor of Furcadia - it has come to my attention many times that people there are fed up with the politics and server problems of that community and are looking for something new. A BYOND version of Furcadia, with a variety of enhancements that improve on the whole Furcadia graphical-chat concept, ought to be a big hit and bring many gamers into BYOND.
I know a game I would like to see on BYOND. A game where one person is god and all the other players are just normal people, and the god person can do what he wants, such as. Make them get mail that they have won a 1,000,000 dollars or make them fall and break their legs. That'd be pretty fun......atleast being god....... MUHAHAHAHA
In response to Hanns
http://games.byond.com/hub/Foomer/DownloadEnsya

Of course, that's only fun for me, being the god and all, but I wouldn't mind if you'd host it. :)
In response to Hanns
A game where your god/a god and do that to little people with AI would be better. like the game, "Black and White".
In response to Kunark
SimCity! or SimLife! or pretty much anything with Sim in fromt of it!
In response to Kunark
Wow... that's a very good idea ^_^ don't mind if I use it.
In response to digitalmouse
Isnt more gamers at BYOND a bad thing right now? (Although BYOND v4.0 should be released soon so it might not be)
In response to digitalmouse
I'd have to agree with the mouse. The last swarm of new byond goers were here from the massive message boards at gamefaqs....sadly, the game to bring these new masses was zeta2...i'd personally like to see a non dbz game rope in the unsuspecting...i mean, willing gamers, yea... into byond.
In response to Kunark
Populous is, in my opinion, a better example. Black and White is just a Tamagotchi with better graphics.
In response to Spuzzum
Actually make a online board game. Id love to see something like:

Jones in the Fast Lane Advanced

Dont any of you remember Jones in the fast lane? Its a really fun, really addictive kinda life/board game for the PC. I till play it til 4 Am sometimes.

Why I taced Advanced at the end is 2 reasons: 1. A online score board for players with the higest scores
2. More stuff to do or buy or something. Maybe a new job where you steal. And its random and you may or may not steal from players.

God Id worship you as a god if I even saw the beginngs of a Jones in the Fast lane online.
In response to DBHavenMaster
Spy vs Spy may be a good idea for inspiration.
In response to Maz
That's a name for a gameboy game, isn't it?
In response to DBHavenMaster
whoever said it was dbz? its an rpg i came up with long ago, originally for rm2k, anyways its a <BIG>TRUE</BIG>rpg unlike DBZ, i kick myself for not explaining more clearly and letting anyone even get the idea that it was dbz okay heres how it works, the arena version will not be distrubited except to people i trust, there will be no gm etc... i belive i made that clear in my hub entry, whenever they feel like it, they can host the arena instead of the regular version and anyone who wants to wager some experience points or gold, or an item can, whenever you defeat someone, you win whatever they bet, and if that was the last person standing, you get teleported out of the arena and btw and by trust i dont mean friends, because i know for a fact the friends i know that use BYOND and live in the same town and me i couldnt trust not to go gm crazy anyways...thats the basic idea there is not going to be anything dbz involved except for the fact that is an arena and that aint much hope that cleared it up for you
Page: 1 2 3 4 5