ID:187659

It's election day people! If you are registered to vote, get off your butt and go and vote! I don't care who you vote for; Bush, Kerry, Nader, but just go and vote.

Vote or Die...Seriously.
Or stick it to the man and not vote.
Nyck wrote:
I don't care who you vote for

maybe we don't either, and so we don't vote.

or maybe we don't like any of the candidates.

there are plenty of good reasons not to vote. well, i guess this is where p diddy comes and kills me.
In response to OneFishDown
OneFishDown wrote:
or maybe we don't like any of the candidates.

Then stir things up and vote libertarian accross the board.
In response to Loduwijk
I didn't bother registering to vote, so it'll have to wait for 2008 =)
Nader isn't on the PA ballet, so screw that.
Don't be a Hater, VOTE NADER!
I have to wait 'til I'm 20 to vote... so... sux0rz
In response to HavenMaster
HavenMaster wrote:

Thats because he had false signatures ;).

--Goz
I like pie! <small>(Family Guy rocks!)</small>

CA
Why do you care Nyck? I know your not old enough to vote =P We hear rambles about going to vote from enough people already.
In response to Stealth 2k
I live in Canada So Vote Dave Hahahahaha
People, honestly, there's no reason not to vote. Even if you don't like ANY of the canditates, they stil have different opinions and therefore, one will generally be at least a little better than the other. Anyway, if you don't vote, you can't complain, and I've seen plenty of you people complaining...

BTW, has anybody seen the South Park season premier("Vote or Die")? lmao
Actually, apathy is a terrible reason. Not caring about your future is hardly a strong reason.

And failing to vote due to dislike of both candidates usually reflects a lack of knowledge of candidates and their policies. If nothing else, you can always support the "lesser of two evils".

I believe most non-voters are simply lazy, nothing more, and would rather justify their non-involvement rather than take the time to get informed and involved. After all, if you don't like things, you can work to change them. But doing nothing only allows others to dictate the future.

An election like this one is particularly important due to it being close in many areas and the candidates having very different views. I am not just talking about the presidential race either; this vote will determine both the House and Senate as well as state constitutional amendments in many states.
In response to Hell Ramen
Legal voting age is 18 in the states unless your somewhere else :S
In response to Tiko
Maybe he is 16 now :P...
In response to Jmurph
Jmurph wrote:
Actually, apathy is a terrible reason. Not caring about your future is hardly a strong reason.

i care about my future. i don't care about this presidential election. i don't see how the two go together. i'll live my life regardless of who is in office.

And failing to vote due to dislike of both candidates usually reflects a lack of knowledge of candidates and their policies.

I dislike them *because* i know their views and i disagree with those views.

If nothing else, you can always support the "lesser of two evils".

thats a horrible reason to vote. "candidate B sucks. but i'm voting for him because he sucks less than candidate A". It would be interesting to see what would happen if hitler ran against pol pot for president. i know i'd vote for whoever is the lesser of two evils there!

I believe most non-voters are simply lazy, nothing more, and would rather justify their non-involvement rather than take the time to get informed and involved. After all, if you don't like things, you can work to change them.

yes, i am a firm believer that stereotyping and generalizing large groups of people are always correct. you are 100% right and i cannot argue with you here.
In response to HavenMaster
HavenMaster wrote:

then write him in
One step closer to carpal tunnel, kind of like I am just for writing this message. Damn.
OneFishDown wrote:

i care about my future. i don't care about this presidential election. i don't see how the two go together. i'll live my life regardless of who is in office.

The election determines who is president and who sits in Congress. In other words the US Government. They determine your future, at least to some extent. You will live, but the larger question is the quality of life.

I dislike them *because* i know their views and i disagree with those views.

You disagree with opposite views??? How is that possible? If one candidate says "yes" and one "no", how do you disagree with both?

Besides, I said "usually". Maybe you are a highly informed non-voter.

thats a horrible reason to vote. "candidate B sucks. but i'm voting for him because he sucks less than candidate A". It would be interesting to see what would happen if hitler ran against pol pot for president. i know i'd vote for whoever is the lesser of two evils there!
Well, hyperbole aside, voting for one you dislike less is the sam as the one you like more. Maybe a better example is Hitler v. Jimmy Carter? I don't like either, but.....

yes, i am a firm believer that stereotyping and generalizing large groups of people are always correct. you are 100% right and i cannot argue with you here.

Heh, I know I am right, but I like debate so that I can see if I can become *more* right ;-) I do, however, stand by my assertion. There are studies that show a direct linkage between information and voter participation. That is, more informed voters are more likely to participate. That is why negative ads tend to work well- they are effective at sniping less informed voters.

You have every right not to vote. However, I do not like the message that many non-voters have voiced and think it smacks of intellectual laziness. I subscribe to the belief that if you don't like something change it, not if you don't like something sit around and do nothing.

Non-voting to protest is one thing, but should probably be coupled with a legitimate complaint about the system or candidates as well as *other steps to fix the problem*.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8