ID:185021

Sony needs to go. Their DRM insidiousness, patent schemes, sloppy hardware, and high prices should earn them distrust and ruin, not extra cash. Don't fuel the fire by buying their latest money-sucker.
O have had my heart set on geting a ps3 so i can still play my old games from my ps2 and in want Devil May Cry 4 and Final Fantasy XIII
I getting PS3.
PirateHead wrote:
Sony needs to go. Their DRM insidiousness, patent schemes, sloppy hardware, and high prices should earn them distrust and ruin, not extra cash. Don't fuel the fire by buying their latest money-sucker.

A Different Sony company makes the ps3, not Sony music. Sorry I’ll being getting the ps3. Skipping the 360, might get a Wii as well.
I've just been playing Alpha Centauri and that post of yours is something exactly like the AI in the said game would say. =P
Than shouldn't people buy PS3, than not buy games? You know since it cost them tons of money to make PS3s...
PirateHead wrote:

Sony is a lot more than one counterpart - The section responsible for PlayStation happens to, in my opinion, supply the best console(s) around (From a player perspective).

So, sorry :/ I'll be picking up a PS3 as soon as I can possibly afford it.
In response to Alathon
Wow, I guess that didn't go as planned, huh Pirate Head? Lol. Although I'm not getting a PS3, I guess a lot of people are. I hate Playstation games. >_>
In response to KirbyRules
I'm not getting a PS3 either. 1. Too expensive. 2.They're copycats with motion sensor (I know its different but still).

I hating Sony right now and hanging on to the Nintendo as it rises up and kicks Sony in the ass. The Wii's showing at the E3 was the best I've seen in a long time and many other people agree.
"Don't buy their system, they'll make money"

kk, this topic should be Locked/and or deleted simply because this is a console flame topic. Luckly it hasn't gotten to that point. (yet)
In response to Yorae
Yeah i would like to go back and play some old playstation games on it.
In response to RougePix
It dosn't have to, either. I understand that a lot of people will buy PS3s, but if I can make a dent of a thousand dollars in Sony's sales with this thread it's worth it. I'm not saying that the PS3 is a poor console, or that it's worthless, or worse than any other console. I happen to have a pretty low opinion of other consoles (the Wii is the first console since the original PlayStation that I'll be buying), but the company making PS3 happens to be making evil, greedy decisions accross the board right now and I think that it ought to crash.
In response to PirateHead
$600 price, and a motion sensor that will be avaliable for a select few games. I hardly call that "evil".

In response to RougePix
$600 price is alot, all you rich folks enjoy your ps3. I'll stick with the Wii.
In response to RougePix
That makes 0 sense. Why not just get a PS or PS2 to play the games meant for those systems? That would be much, much cheaper. "Much, much" is an understatement.
In response to Loduwijk
Because when a new system releases i trade in my current system to help pay for the new one. I also keep my old games around because i know i can play it on the next system that comes around.
In response to Sniper Joe
I'm getting a ps3! :D
In response to RougePix
RoughPix Wrote:

"$600 price, and a motion sensor that will be avaliable for a select few games. I hardly call that "evil"."

Nintendo had developed their, more efficient motion sensor before Sony had begun production on one. Not to mention that the motion sensor has played a big role in any game ive seen. I would call it evil that if you look back at the older consoles including todays Playstations have been taking other consoles innovation. Not that thats not what they should be doing being a competition im just not a big fan of it -_-. Take a look at the next gen consoles, Ps3 online is supposed to have all of the same features as the xbox live, and there motion sensor is a copy off that of nintendos motion sensor just with a little twist and not as efficient. I will be ignoring the Ps3 this year I have a 360 and ill be getting a Wii when they are available.
In response to Yorae
I believe two of my friends are getting the Ps3 for 2 reasons, Final Fantasy and Killzone :P. If the two were to not only be playable for the Ps3 and went to the other consoles as well, I think we would see less sales for Sony.
In response to Alathon
Alathon wrote:
Sony is a lot more than one counterpart - The section responsible for PlayStation happens to, in my opinion, supply the best console(s) around (From a player perspective).

Exactly. Loading time, one new gadget per console, insane prices, etc. are the best way to go. These wonderful features are much better than constant changes, adaptations, catering to fans who want to see more storyline for a game (No, releasing the exact same Crash Bandicoot game [I think that was the one] 20 times and just changing the title does not count as new content for plot fans), and predictably stable prices.

And of course, I was sarcastic rather than typing up a serious argument and making a mountain out of a molehill since you added the wonderful phrase, "in my oppinion." That phrase is what keeps my country afloat on its thin ice. ;)

So, sorry :/ I'll be picking up a PS3 as soon as I can possibly afford it.

That is exactly one of the things I don't like about it. For that price you might as well buy a decent PC and get games that are better than those on any gaming console.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12