In response to Alathon
are u talkin to me? If so what did i say wrong?????
In response to Insomniak 420
Insomniak 420 wrote:
are u talkin to me? If so what did i say wrong?????

I wasn't specifically addressing you, no;
In response to Critical
Critical wrote:
Insomniak 420 wrote:
Critical wrote:

As for the Wii, you dont have to use the motion sensor in some of the games apparently so stop bitching about having to use it. You dont need to use two hands either, you can swing the controller with one hand and pretty much control a whole game with one controller. As for the being fat theory you seem to have, it'd seem to be you who is the one who is probably fat, if your too god damn lazy to get off the couch and move your hands off that controller and or mouse well you probably should stick to eating all that fatty food and playing your ps2/3. The Wii controller does work, when shown at E3 it had massive popularaity, its defintly a old concept but the way they have implemented defintly shows promise

hmm first off i mearly stated my observation that overwight people could gain from such a thing i did not say anything foul about it just stated a fact

as for me being lazy and fat i work 65-75 hours a week and i get maybe 3 hrs a day to sitdown so maybe u should ask me next time before stating false things

p.s thats y i can afford a ps3 i could have every system out if i wanted em but i just want the ps3

p.s.s if i did offend anyone with my comment witch was far more friendly then the one he posted about me then i do apoligize i didnt intend it that way i just meant it could be a good thing for overwheight people
PSP is heavily overrated, from what i've heard the games are pretty boring and most people just use it as a media center, also UMD's never kicked off because who wants to pay for a movie that you can only watch on a PSP, seems a bit silly if you ask me. If PSP is doing so well why is the GBA SP and NDS Lite beating them by sales hands down in japan

u have to play it before i care what ur opion is on it and as for gba selling better like i said its marketed toward kids (the majority of gamers) psp is marketed to anyone who wants a highend handheld media center pricy yes but well worth the investment its like comparing a toyota to a porshe

DS Lite - 161,010 (1,383,391 total)
PSP - 37,946 (720,552 total)
PS2 - 32,030 (591,846 total)
DS Phat - 24,428 (842,947 total)
GBA SP - 7,144 (127,727 total)
Gameboy Micro - 3,830 (89,331total)

GBA has a repository of over 2418 games, now it'd be highly improbable that all these games would be made for kids. What im trying to say is that there is a crap load of games that arent made for kids on GBA. Thats the bullcrap argument i heard every time, "Its for kids", seriously f* yourself, im sick of hearing that argument and its competlty wrong. If i wanted a pricy media center i'd buy a tablet pc or a laptop or something specificly made to play movies.

if there are so many gba games aimed at adults then y arent u naming any? i have never seen a gba game that i would consider mature content even the gamecude is docile compared to what other systems have yes they have some titles i find interesting but not many at all

In the end DS is cheaper, has better games, has awesome homebrew(dont even try to say it doesnt have homebrew), plays movies, plays mp3s, and is overall awesome, hopefully the Wii will be as good as it seemed at E3

and here we are again u saying psp games suck when u havent even played 10 seconds of 1. all i have to say is gta on psp is best handheld game ive ever played. MLB 06 Madden 06 2 topnotch sports games for psp that blows anything ds has to offer away even need for speed witch is on both psp and ds, psp version kills ds by far. its much easier to control ur car the graphics are much better and there is just more content in psp version i know this for a fact cuase ive played both versions
In response to TheLunarWolf
TheLunarWolf wrote:
Critical wrote:
4) seen Advent children? thats how tthe game play is going to be.
I highly doubt it, the fact is they probably used super rendering computers to create the graphics seen in Advent Children.

'super rendering' computers - I don't think so, lifelike 3D graphics are easily enough made with the right tools. That's one that I know of, they're probably hundreds more, and some of those 3D models on the site I linked to were done on a 128mb Graphics Card. How? OpenGL.

Yeah but were talking about real-time rendering of graphics like that, if you give a graphics card something to render it'll get it done eventually but on the fly advent children graphics doesnt seem achievable on the hardware
In response to Insomniak 420
Insomniak 420 wrote:
Critical wrote:
Insomniak 420 wrote:
Critical wrote:

As for the Wii, you dont have to use the motion sensor in some of the games apparently so stop bitching about having to use it. You dont need to use two hands either, you can swing the controller with one hand and pretty much control a whole game with one controller. As for the being fat theory you seem to have, it'd seem to be you who is the one who is probably fat, if your too god damn lazy to get off the couch and move your hands off that controller and or mouse well you probably should stick to eating all that fatty food and playing your ps2/3. The Wii controller does work, when shown at E3 it had massive popularaity, its defintly a old concept but the way they have implemented defintly shows promise

hmm first off i mearly stated my observation that overwight people could gain from such a thing i did not say anything foul about it just stated a fact

as for me being lazy and fat i work 65-75 hours a week and i get maybe 3 hrs a day to sitdown so maybe u should ask me next time before stating false things

Yeah but you dont have to swing the controller around if you dont want to you can turn it 90 degrees and it turns into a normal dpad controller, so whats the problem? Fat people get their work-out and you get to lay back and sip on some gin and juice
p.s thats y i can afford a ps3 i could have every system out if i wanted em but i just want the ps3

p.s.s if i did offend anyone with my comment witch was far more friendly then the one he posted about me then i do apoligize i didnt intend it that way i just meant it could be a good thing for overwheight people
PSP is heavily overrated, from what i've heard the games are pretty boring and most people just use it as a media center, also UMD's never kicked off because who wants to pay for a movie that you can only watch on a PSP, seems a bit silly if you ask me. If PSP is doing so well why is the GBA SP and NDS Lite beating them by sales hands down in japan

u have to play it before i care what ur opion is on it and as for gba selling better like i said its marketed toward kids (the majority of gamers) psp is marketed to anyone who wants a highend handheld media center pricy yes but well worth the investment its like comparing a toyota to a porshe

DS Lite - 161,010 (1,383,391 total)
PSP - 37,946 (720,552 total)
PS2 - 32,030 (591,846 total)
DS Phat - 24,428 (842,947 total)
GBA SP - 7,144 (127,727 total)
Gameboy Micro - 3,830 (89,331total)

GBA has a repository of over 2418 games, now it'd be highly improbable that all these games would be made for kids. What im trying to say is that there is a crap load of games that arent made for kids on GBA. Thats the bullcrap argument i heard every time, "Its for kids", seriously f* yourself, im sick of hearing that argument and its competlty wrong. If i wanted a pricy media center i'd buy a tablet pc or a laptop or something specificly made to play movies.

if there are so many gba games aimed at adults then y arent u naming any? i have never seen a gba game that i would consider mature content even the gamecude is docile compared to what other systems have yes they have some titles i find interesting but not many at all

Define adult game for me. Do you mean games of a sexual nature or games that have lots of violence and shooting because GBA has tons of shooting games ranging from doom to wolfenstein to james bond. The fact is that you can play most of the games on GBA even if you arent a child because noone cares that your an adult playing a kids game so why does it matter. So basically goto gbatemp, and you'll be able to search through a list of 2000+ games and im sure there will be a mature enough game for you ^^
In the end DS is cheaper, has better games, has awesome homebrew(dont even try to say it doesnt have homebrew), plays movies, plays mp3s, and is overall awesome, hopefully the Wii will be as good as it seemed at E3

and here we are again u saying psp games suck when u havent even played 10 seconds of 1. all i have to say is gta on psp is best handheld game ive ever played. MLB 06 Madden 06 2 topnotch sports games for psp that blows anything ds has to offer away even need for speed witch is on both psp and ds, psp version kills ds by far. its much easier to control ur car the graphics are much better and there is just more content in psp version i know this for a fact cuase ive played both versions

I never said that psp had bad games in my previous post, i said it had better games, that doesnt mean i think the psp has BAD games just games that are worse than DS, so they could still be worse but still really awesome. The reason most car games and sport games suck on DS is because they are flimsy ports from the PSP and or other console versions. DS isnt made for extreme graphics and most games have to be worked on for a while to get better looking graphics because of the limitation i has in ram and cpu hardware. It can still pull off good looking games, but basing your judgment on graphics rather than how a game plays is stupid as a lot of games can be really good even though they have bad graphics
In response to Game sabre
My friend will be purchasing one. And I will be buying the game Assassin's Creed FOR him. For those of you that have seen the latest Game Informer, you know what I'm talking about. =)
In response to SSJ Radditz
I hate Playstations also. Like said above the only thing that made it what it was, was Final Fantasy and GTA.
They also are the biggest copy cats ever. N64 came out with the analog sticks.....Playstation started putting them on their controller. Now they're coppying the Wii by trying to copy the controller, which they didn't get even close.
Not only that all the other good games on PS were released on the x-box with better graphics and shorter load times, and much better controls.
I'm sticking with the Wii due to its inovation, It's gonna kick PS and 360's ass due to the fact people are gonna see it and think "Hmmmm.....sweet contoller.....more inovative.....more fun....half the price....20 years of previous gaming.....free stable online play....Due your getting a Wii"
I'm not against 360 or anything I was a big Halo 1&2 fan including some onther system only games(Knights of the Old Republic). But I played it at my dad's and after you play if for about 6 hours(which was him in the morning) it gets way to hot and the load times are rediculus!(Oblivion was taking 15 minutes for normal loads, and every 3 steps it had to take a short load.)
I think Nintendo let their last console fail....no suffer, just to work on the Wii and strike in this generation. No one can beat Nintendo.... not even PS with their over priced PSP which sold less than the DS
In response to FriesOfDoom
FriesOfDoom wrote:
They also are the biggest copy cats ever. N64 came out with the analog sticks.....Playstation started putting them on their controller.

Analog sticks on PS controllers were released *before* Nintendo 64, from what I know.

Now they're coppying the Wii by trying to copy the controller, which they didn't get even close.

Or perhaps they found similar market demands and are, as always, competing in the same field?

Not only that all the other good games on PS were released on the x-box with better graphics and shorter load times, and much better controls.

Except the games which are exclusively released on PS, of which there are quite a few (With a deviation or two in-between).

I think Nintendo let their last console fail....no suffer, just to work on the Wii and strike in this generation. No one can beat Nintendo.... not even PS with their over priced PSP which sold less than the DS

I hate to be a bummer here, but its not good market strategy to let a product fail; Nor did the DS sell more. See above links I provided, if you're in doubt of that.
In response to Alathon
Alathon wrote:
FriesOfDoom wrote:
They also are the biggest copy cats ever. N64 came out with the analog sticks.....Playstation started putting them on their controller.

Analog sticks on PS controllers were released *before* Nintendo 64, from what I know.

Now they're coppying the Wii by trying to copy the controller, which they didn't get even close.

Or perhaps they found similar market demands and are, as always, competing in the same field?

Except the games which are exclusively released on PS, of which there are quite a few (With a deviation or two in-between).

I hate to be a bummer here, but its not good market strategy to let a product fail; Nor did the DS sell more. See above links I provided, if you're in doubt of that.

They owned up the portable market with GBA SP
FriesOfDoom wrote:
"N64 came out with the analog sticks"

Nope, the Atari 5200 was the fist to have an anlong stick. thats 20 years before the N64.

In response to Critical
Critical Wrote
Yeah but were talking about real-time rendering of graphics like that, if you give a graphics card something to render it'll get it done eventually but on the fly advent children graphics doesnt seem achievable on the hardware.

True, but all I'm saying is you don't need 'super- rendering' computers to get those graphics.
TheLunarWolf wrote:
Critical Wrote
Yeah but were talking about real-time rendering of graphics like that, if you give a graphics card something to render it'll get it done eventually but on the fly advent children graphics doesnt seem achievable on the hardware.

True, but all I'm saying is you don't need 'super- rendering' computers to get those graphics.

You do to get real-time graphics like that, i may be smashed but seriously they have probably been anti-aliased 40 times or something so of course you can get graphics like that from any card but we are talking about real time graphics not static renders that take hours to do yeah. F.Y.I. if this sounds a little spastic its cause im drunk so dont punish me: P
In response to Critical
well, when you sober up again check the site a linked to again - it has a program for making non-static renders. Or you you could just search google for Mimic Software.
Im partially sober :P though i have a splitting headache. I know what you mean when you say it can do non-static renders but does it do them on the fly or does it take several passes to create an ouput movie.
In response to Critical
It does them on the fly if you have Graphics Card of 256mb or more - I'd hardly call that 'super rendering'. :p
In response to Critical
Of course! But that post was comparing the PSP to the DS. They can be more closely related to than the PSP and GBA:SP could.
FriesOfDoom wrote:
They also are the biggest copy cats ever.

Everyone does it. Who cares if they are copying ideas? I'm pretty sure that Nintendo did not come up with those analog sticks. Who cares, anyway? They all copy each other.

The XBox did not have such a big improvement over loadtimes, or even graphics. What about the good games exclusive to the PS2? I doubt that the ported version to the Xbox is any better in either of the two ideas.

I'm sticking with the Wii due to its inovation, It's gonna kick PS and 360's ass due to the fact people are gonna see it and think "Hmmmm.....sweet contoller.....more inovative.....more fun....half the price....20 years of previous gaming.....free stable online play....Due your getting a Wii"

Sweet controller? It's not all that great. The controls will be awesome, no doubt, but that is one weird controller. As that one guy said, it looks like an iPod shuffle, which is actually giving people problems due to how little it is. Something to do with carpal tunnel or something.

I can also say it's probably not more fun. I'd judge them all the same. They have their own disadvantages and advantages and they should make up for each other. Besides, isn't it the games that make them more fun? We'll never know. "More fun" is an opinion anyway.

The PS3 will also have free, stable online play (it'd better be stable). And 20 years of previous gaming? What does that mean? What do it to do with the Revolution? Is it fully backwards compatible? The PS3 is. Dude, I'm not getting a Wii.

And the PSP sold more than the DS.
In response to Alathon
Alathon wrote:
FriesOfDoom wrote:

Nintendo 64 did it first. You know in '96 when it was realsed. But Atari did the first Analog stick.(The N64 was the first modern one)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_stick#History
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
Dark_Shadow_Ninja wrote:
Nintendo 64 did it first. You know in '96 when it was realsed. But Atari did the first Analog stick.(The N64 was the first modern one)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_stick#History

Ah, right; Thanks. Jumbling up on what I know / What I read.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12