ID:166385

Ok I now have my broadband and my router. I want to host my game from dream deamon(on my own pc). But when I do this it does not show up in the unpublished games. But when I host it from dream seeker it works fine. I want to host it from Dream Deamon, how do I do this?
When you host using Dream Deamon, it will not show up on the hub until someone joins the game, so you might want to do $ping and get your games ip address and the port to make a connect button.

-Xzy
In response to Zyx
how would i do this? I have the IP and I can get the port but what is $ping? And I've seen games hosted with 0 players before, whats up with that?
In response to FriesOfDoom
I think that $ping is part of perl though I am not sure...
In response to Shlaklava
???

How do I set up my world so it can be hosted but no one has to be in it?
In response to FriesOfDoom
LOL just join your own game by opening Dream seeker and typing localhost:port and your in.
In response to Techson
Techson wrote:
LOL just join your own game by opening Dream seeker and typing localhost:port and your in.

":port" is a better solution, as it seems to work for people who's loopback addresses don't work somehow (it didn't work for me at first). Plus it's easier to type.

If you have the latest version of BYOND then it's entirely possible that the game will show up with 0 players logged in. I believe this only happens after someone has logged in at least once however.

Finally, you must have a hub entry for your game; the BYOND Hub(TM) no longer lists games that don't have hub entries (because they're usually private and are in a form of a pre-alpha stage anyway).