In response to Jp
When I played Pokemon around 7 or 8 years ago the way I originally gained Mew was from gameshark, I remember because I played in an official Nintendo tournament at a local mall and they wouldn't allow to me to enter until I agreed to not use Mew on my team. My 10 year old self was quite determined to win no matter what. In the end I got him legit anyways. Apparently, he wasn't lying and isn't an idiot.
In response to Kusanagi
MissingNo for the win!
In response to Jp
I don't know about Gameshark, but I was lucky and found working codes for my old Game Genie device.

I then loaded up my new LV5 Mew with 4 HM skills (the ones you can't unlearn). Biggest waste ever. :P
Knifo wrote:
And best of all, im going to add in things that red should have had, like mew.

Actually, there are three ways to get mew in red version. One, gameshark. Two, beat the game and catch every pokemon. Then the guy who gives you evee will give you mew. Lastly, (and by far the most easy method) use a special glitch :). Funny story behind that glitch... I was looking on the internet for a way to get mew; I found something. http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/ pokemon_mew_glitch.txt and yes, it does work. lol

In response to Avren
Two, beat the game and catch every pokemon. Then the guy who gives you evee will give you mew.

I'm afraid this one is definitely false. I've tried, it doesn't work.
In response to Jp
Are you talking about Bill? I thought the story was that you got Mew from the developer in, I think, Saffron City.
In response to Jp
You can, however, get mew using a trick that relies on some hex stuff.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rbcatchmew.html

I'll look around for the explanation.

http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/mewglitch.html
Bottom of the page.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Are you talking about Bill? I thought the story was that you got Mew from the developer in, I think, Saffron City.

I've had a copy of every Pokemon in the game (ie, a Charmander, Charmelion and Charizard, not just a Charmander that evolved into those other states), then talked to pretty much every NPC.

I do have Mew on Red, Blue and Yellow. I got it from a special Nintendo event. It's the only legitimate way to get a Mew.
I have a G/S tile set, which is basicly just a colored version or R/B/Y Go to the link below to get it. It wasn't done by me though, it was done by Gamenerd Advance. So give credit to him.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In response to Jp
Yeah, i had all 150, and went to the guy at saffron, and nothing. I didnt have a gameshark, i had someother thing... not sure what it was called, but it got me a mew. As for this glitch im not sure what that one is.
In response to Knifo
this seems off but by using the glitch to fight a missingno you could fight professor oak who had 3 random level 310 pokemon i captured him on my red version and it has yet to work right since.
*note*
i know it sounds like bull but is a true story.
In response to Trunks Master
There's clearly a professor oak 'battle sprite' - see the introductory text at the beginning. It sounds plausible to me.

You'd have to have the right name, though.
In response to Jp
Just to let you guys know, I'm already in the process of making a PKMN online (gold / silver) clone.
It's about 40% done, the same exact engine as the gameboy version, it's coming out to be a perfect port.

If you guys want to help us...
AIM: chris062689

Give me an AIM sometime!
In response to Avren
Avren wrote:
Two, beat the game and catch every pokemon. Then the guy who gives you evee will give you mew.

Grah. That isn't a glitch, it is an in-game Japan-region only secret, and you talk to the developer, not the eevee guy in Celedon. In the english version, all you get is a crap deploma and a thanks for playing @.@
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Just to let you guys know, I'm already in the process of making a PKMN online (gold / silver) clone.
It's about 40% done, the same exact engine as the gameboy version, it's coming out to be a perfect port.

Soon, I'm going to post a few teaser screenshots.. :)
We need a few testers for when were ready for a behind the scenes private test.
If you want to test (this will be in approx. a month) AIM me; chris062689.

For this test, we will have ALL game mechanics in and waiting to test.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
I got it from a special Nintendo event. It's the only legitimate way to get a Mew.

I got it from some mall tour, as I recall. The trainer's name was "LINKA," I think. I've long since deleted that save, though, and my latest one used a Hex glitch to catch the bugger.

Hiead
Page: 1 2