In response to Retsuma
Halo: Custom Edition anybody? It's on the PC.
In response to Retsuma
Retsuma wrote:
" i would trade my ps3 back for my wii in a heart beat."

then wiihy dont you ? =P

You did not go there lmao XD
In response to Nishiatsu
Lol people Wii SUCKS its for 4 year olds first of you look like some dumb@ss swinging that remote like ur having a serizure, 2nd all the games are kiddish the only good game is Zelda, 3rd no online play.....wait no online play? are you crappin me....wait nintendo said there will be online play...LOL NINTEND ONLINE? thats gunna suck d!ck and wuts even worse is all the games ur download cost $5-$10 and that seems a ripoff for those OLD crappy games plus if u had a tiriring bad day and you just wanna relax you cant with the Wii if you have get up and jump and run you cant relax.... and the name WII r u screwin me lol miight as well call it the Wii Wii or somthen retarted that like plus the Wii cant play Cd's or DVD's WOW the wii really sucks! so everyone go with the good ONLINE SYSTEM XBOX 360!
In response to Zech04
Speak English man!

From what I can guess, you are arguing that the games are kiddish, but my guess is that you have never gave them 5 minutes to actually see if they are fun or not. I can also guess by your typing ability that you are only about 12 yourself, so that would make you a kid. If these games are so kiddish, than you should love them, no?

As for the downloadable games, they aren't rip offs of old games, they are old games. Nintendo is releasing the classic games on "virtual consoles"(AKA Emulators) for the Wii. Hell, I'd pay $5 to own Super Mario Bros in it's original format again. And they certainly aren't crappy. Anyone who says that the original Mario games were crappy needs to be correct with the club o' gaming history (+5 int).

As for it not playing CDs or DVDs... who cares? I have 4 DVD players in my living room alone(2 real ones and 2 devices that play DVDs). If you count the whole house I have 10. So why do I care if it has a DVD player. Certainly I am not the only one who feels this way. I mean, you have a PC because you made that post, which means you can play CDs at the very least, and probably DVDs.

As for the lacking online, the DS had the same problem in the beginning. It had the ability to go online, but no games used it(By decision of Nintendo from what I hear), but after a while games did start coming out with online play, and it was done right.

The Xbox 360 is far from the only gaming platform with online play. The PS3's online support is great(albeit a little underpopulated). The DS has a nice selection of online games. Many games for the PS2 can be played online, but most people ignored that.
In response to Zech04
If you tried forming coherent sentences and forming an idea through thought I might have actually read that.

Now I'm just going to assume that whole sentences was a bunch of brambled crap and you have no idea what you are talking about. The Wii has made more of a hype in the gaming industry than the other two consoles combined. I can't wait to get mine.
In response to Danial.Beta
"As for the lacking online, the DS had the same problem in the beginning. It had the ability to go online, but no games used it(By decision of Nintendo from what I hear), but after a while games did start coming out with online play, and it was done right."

True,but erm there seems to be alil rumor that Nintendo hasnt even given the Networking API for the Wii to ANY of there current WiiDevKit buyers,and its not from either sony or MS fans,if this turns out to be true then there is quite a limit on online playable games for now and quite awhile(months/1year) since supposedly they had already sold over 1000 Dev kits before even the console came out...

1 Q:

Is the Wii only Wi-fi capable?no broadband/cable? if so <_< that limits online gameplay to quite alot of the U.S population,right?
In response to Retsuma
Retsuma wrote:
"As for the lacking online, the DS had the same problem in the beginning. It had the ability to go online, but no games used it(By decision of Nintendo from what I hear), but after a while games did start coming out with online play, and it was done right."

True,but erm there seems to be alil rumor that Nintendo hasnt even given the Networking API for the Wii to ANY of there current WiiDevKit buyers,and its not from either sony or MS fans,if this turns out to be true then there is quite a limit on online playable games for now and quite awhile(months/1year) since supposedly they had already sold over 1000 Dev kits before even the console came out...

1 Q:

Is the Wii only Wi-fi capable?no broadband/cable? if so <_< that limits online gameplay to quite alot of the U.S population,right?

Wi-Fi isnt a type of internet its a way you can connect to computers/routers together. You can get Wi-Fi anywhere and connect it to any type of broadband/cable/dial-up. Online gameplay should be accessible everywhere.
In response to Knifo
There are better motivations than money. Are you serious about your comment?

Enthusiasts oftentimes know as much, if not more about their topic than professionals. If you enjoy doing it, you'll take your time to learn it. If you simply get paid for it, you won't be so opt to go out of your way for it.
In response to Retsuma
Retsuma wrote:

From what I understand, it is just a library needed, so they can give them to developers later who have already gotten their kits. They probably feel that it is not ready, but they didn't want to delay the system on account of one feature not being 100%.

1 Q:

The Nintendo DS has this little use adapter that turns your computer into a DS wifi hotspot. I would guess that the Wii will have something similar(Or possibly be able to use the DS's)
The Wii can already use online features, such as the Mii Parade, and message/Mii sending.

Also, the DS's WiFi adapter for the computer works with the Wii.

As for online games, Pokemon Battle Revolution will be the first, and then more will come. Let's just hope Metroid Prime 3 is.
In response to Zech04
Zech04 wrote:
Lol people Wii SUCKS its for 4 year olds first of you look like some dumb@ss swinging that remote like ur having a serizure, 2nd all the games are kiddish the only good game is Zelda, 3rd no online play.....wait no online play? are you crappin me....wait nintendo said there will be online play...LOL NINTEND ONLINE? thats gunna suck d!ck and wuts even worse is all the games ur download cost $5-$10 and that seems a ripoff for those OLD crappy games plus if u had a tiriring bad day and you just wanna relax you cant with the Wii if you have get up and jump and run you cant relax.... and the name WII r u screwin me lol miight as well call it the Wii Wii or somthen retarted that like plus the Wii cant play Cd's or DVD's WOW the wii really sucks! so everyone go with the good ONLINE SYSTEM XBOX 360!

10 points to the idiot in the stands!
Come now, have you actually played a Wii? You don't have to go and swing around wildly - a big misconception, and that is why people are breaking their TVs. You barely have to flick your wrist. Crappy games? Please. You are funny man, you are(You ARE a guy, correct?)! And for paying the 5-10 bucks for the "Old Crappy games", I'd gladly pay 5x as much to play some of the classic games they have for download. Remember, if it weren't for our favorite Italian stereotype, videogames as we know would not exist. Mario saved us all(Actually, Miyamoto did, but hey, it's Mario!) And why would the Wii need to play DVDs and CDs? Do I really want a fifth one in my house!?(Computer, Laptop, XBOX, 360, PS2 DVD Player and Stereo can do all that! Well, my stereo can't play DVDs...but oh well. It can play old 36 inch record discs!)

You fail.
In response to Retsuma
Retsuma wrote:

Rumor isn't fact..I think you got the meanings a bit mixed up..0_0
In response to Dead_Demon
" Remember, if it weren't for our favorite Italian stereotype, videogames as we know would not exist."

Just becouse he reawaken games doesent mean he gets to get my money forever...and it seems about 11~35 mil ppl agree with me =P
In response to Critical
k learned abit...XD
In response to Retsuma
Without him, you wouldn't have your silly Master Chief, Cloud, Sephiroth or any other character/game that you kiddies like today :P

I think he deserves it all
Danial.Beta wrote:
Alright, I'll give you that one, but I honestly don't see the Wii's launch games as much better.

This is actually an area I find interesting. I feel the Wii has the strongest list of games a console launch has seen in a while. My reasoning behind this is the novelty of the Wiimote and its movement sensors.
The games themselves aren't particularly strong, and I doubt they'll be the titles the Wii is remembered for, but at the same time the sheer fun of the new way to play makes these titles worth buying.
The buzz of the new controller will wear off pretty soon, but in terms of having the most games you can have the most fun with, right now, the Wii has my money.
In response to Zech04
Zech04 wrote:

For Zech04:
TEH WiI TIS ONLINE U NUB!!!! JST NOXER YET! 360 LIK boom Heat!U TEH SUKS 1o1!

Translation for everyone else:
"wait no online play? are you crappin me....wait nintendo said there will be online play...LOL NINTEND ONLINE? thats gunna suck d!ck"
The Wii will be online, they only set it back because they wanted to make it better and really focus on it and make it good. Not to mention its all going to be free....

"all the games are kiddish the only good game is Zelda"
You said Zelda was the only good game? Obviously you haven't played it by your statement of "plus if u had a tiriring bad day and you just wanna relax you cant with the Wii if you have get up and jump and run you cant relax....," while playing Zelda you can rest your hands on your legs like any other controller. I beat the entire game this way.

"and the name WII r u screwin me lol miight as well call it the Wii Wii or somthen retarted that..."
The reason they switched it to Wii is so people of all languages could say it easily. How would you like it if everytime you tried to say the same of something you sounded Special ED?

"wuts even worse is all the games ur download cost $5-$10 and that seems a ripoff for those OLD crappy games"
Yeah, even though almost every person owning a Wii bought one of those "crappy" games. Thats what 2 million people in the US alone.

"plus the Wii cant play Cd's or DVD's WOW the wii really sucks!"
Woopie freakin doo. You can listen to music from an SD card, and I'm sure you could eventually watch movies from one. They left out the DVD to keep the price range down."
360-$400 DVD player, a nice system but over-priced
PS3-$600 DVD/Blu-ray(that hardly works) player, paper weight
Wii-$250 A nice system with possiblities for a firmware update to play DVDs

"so everyone go with the good ONLINE SYSTEM XBOX 360!"
While agree 360 has good online, its not the best. I had a subscription for 1 year and never renewed it. Wanna know why? All i played was Halo 2 and I got sick of the glitches and crap, even with paying $50 for online and another $50 for the game. They could make the online alot better.
In response to FriesOfDoom
"Wii-$250 A nice system with possiblities for a firmware update to play DVDs"

isnt that like saying the 360 could get a firmware update to play HD-DVDs....sure its NOT possible.
In response to Dead_Demon
Calling me a kiddie doesent help you much on our thread,please dont ever do such childissssh nonesence and say something more productive..

"I think he deserves it all"

Mario creator,cba to say the name, is good designer ofcourse it shows..all his game are top quality in my mind even tho i havent played some(that weird RTS for GC) but they have goten good reviews and good sales,BUT that doesent mean its gaining popularity or keeping the last gen fanbase.Example with yes..halo, the first one sold very good and the second one sold even better.can you say that with ANY mario game? a few games are like that, they get better and sell more other just dont and slowly die =P.Just becouse Mario reawaken games first doesent mean itl last forever like of the 40mil, now only <6mil are left standing(which is still a great amount when compared to most games).
In response to Retsuma
Retsuma wrote:
"Wii-$250 A nice system with possiblities for a firmware update to play DVDs"

isnt that like saying the 360 could get a firmware update to play HD-DVDs....sure its NOT possible.

The Wii essentially plays dvds with a different file structure. The Gamecube showed this as it can read dvds but you have to change the case its in to do it but it was mainly for bootable homebrew and backup games.

A firmware update would work but I reckon they'll probably just sell a new Wii with specialized DVD playback features.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6