ID:183993

I still firmly believe that the Wii will start to decline in demand. Its hot right now, but I think in a year the ps3 will rise to the top. The only thing that is holding ps3 back right now is its [Hi, I like to use inappropriate words in the forum] display of games. Ps3 - Resistance = barren wasteland. The 360 had some pretty bad games at lunch, but now look at it, its got great games like Lost planet, and Gears of war. So, dont hold me against this, but i feel that in a year, ps3 will be on top once again.
Seriously, what's the whole point? People should get what they want because of what they would enjoy. Sales are not a predictable way to help determine which is the best console.. it's like the voting system here, it's merely a biased popularity figure... why focus on statistics rather than on personal preference?

- GhostAnime
I'm gonna say the wii will continue to rise. Its cheap, 'attractive' to a diverse set of people and has pretty good games coming out for it. The main if THE only dispute about the wii is it has 'kiddy' games. ManHunt2(by Rockstar) has been confirmed for the wii today, and 40+ somethin M rated games are slated for release so far, while GC has had only about 80 something M rated games in a lifetime. THat shouldp retty much solve that dispute..Besides that, I'd believe that 360 will either be on top or 2nd, mainly because it pretty much is middle ground. It has decent games, some games from other systems, doesn't cost too much, yet it isn't cheap; it like just right. The PS3 on the other hand, still has a unjustifiable price at the moment. I can't say I really know much about the game lineup, because I don't. But besides having a price drop(which I heard they will consider THIS year), I couldn't see them coming out on top. Its pretty obvious that no one really lieks the PS3's prices, why do you think they lowered them in Japan before launch(THeir major 3rd parties such as Square were worried that they'd lose alot of consumers due to price). And what you siad about wii decline, every system's demand will eventually decline but I don't see the wii doing it soon. Its February and people are STILL scrambling trying to get one along with the redesigned 2 year old DS(DS Lite)..0_0
In response to GhostAnime
I agree. Console wars are stupid anyway.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:

He says as he posts from his Wii. :p
I think the XBOX 360s lack of anything good will cause the PS3 to make a comeback (there's no denying that it's behind the 8-ball right now). Lost Planet, Gears of War and Dead Rising. Those are the only titles drawing people into the XBOX world. The PS3 doesn't have much drawing people in, but there's a lot more people already in their camp.
It probably wont happen by the end of the year, but by the end of it's life it'll have made a comeback. Whether or not that comeback earns them a profit worth investing in creation of a PS4 is a whole other matter.

One thing I've found people really don't like about the PS3 is the size. The thing is ridiculous. It's clear that they're trying to replace your DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD player by taking up all the TV cabinet real-estate, but at the same time the shape of it gets in the way there. It doesn't stack like normal box style DVD/VCR/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD players. That wouldn't be a problem if people were willing to just dump their old players (which is reasonable enough because the PS3 covers them), but the average person wont throw out a perfectly good player. So it's going to be awkward for them to get it all in there. Not a reason to avoid the console, but it's one of those small things that annoys you without you even noticing it.

Not that the Wii and XBOX 360 have flawless designs. As someone who uses his Wii as a GameCube a lot I have to admit that memory card and controller ports on 'top' is a stupid idea. You have to lay it on it's side (which in fairness the design encourages/allows that, but it's still a pain). The XBOX 360 is too chunky as well.
They will all stop getting support in the end for another console from their respected companies.
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Crispy wrote:

He says as he posts from his Wii. :p

I don't have a Wii. =(

I'd like to own a Wii. I'd also like to own an XBox 360 and a PS3. I can't justify the cost of any of them, though, given that I'd probably hardly ever use them.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
I don't have a Wii. =(

Then I was referring to my(rich)self... ;)
In response to Nesso
Nesso wrote:
They will all stop getting support in the end for another console from their respected companies.

I think you mean "respective", because I'm really not sure how respected Sony and Microsoft are.
I don't think the Wii is in any danger...

Since I've gotten mine, it has been taken to two households that are now full of people who want one for themselves... The thing is contagious...

Repeat that sort of thing by a few thousand other Wii owners, and so on, and you've got an epidemic...

And I know other Wii owners have taken their systems around to friends' places to show off... The thing is just too portable, and too fun to not pass it around like showing off a new baby... It's the ultimate party machine...
The Wii hasn't lost any demand yet. The PS3 has no demand, and the 360 is the same.

The Wii has already sold half as many consoles as the 360 in just a handful of months, when the 360 has been out for how long?

Sony just simply screwed it's price up with the demographic it targets. I don't know many teenagers with $600 sitting around.

So far, I think the results speak for themselves.
In response to Crispy
I'd love to own them all!

Unfortunately I'm poor, and I have to choose. =(
In response to Elation
As a owner of all 3 next-gen consoles.. I predict this outcome

1.) Wii
2.) 360
3.) PS3

-Wii
------
The reason why I think the wii will become the next gen console winner is becuase it is cheap, new innovative gameplay mechanics.. and for people who say it is gimmicky.. Look at the DS.. other people thought the DS was going to be gimmicky but.. it still has strong support and is very popular...

------
The 360 sales will be very close to the wii sales near the end of this console generation. I believe 360 will be in 2nd place becuase it has an extremly well online service, Awsome games coming out in the future, and is gaining alot of japanese support. Did you know Gears of War sold out in it's first day in japan?

-PS3
------
PS3 I honestly believe if it does not have a price drop soon... It is going to die and lose alot of support... Sony fanboys say People are waiting for games.. Guess what, VF5 released in Japan a couple of days ago and the sales are SLUGGISH... PS3 is great for what it is offering price wise but, Since 360 and wii does not have that cell processor, only few developers are going to take advantage of the cell and blu-ray...
In response to DarkView
You are discounting the HALO factor.
In response to Worldweaver
Halo is a factor?
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
It sells systems. I own a Wii and I recognize that.
In response to Worldweaver
Halo really didn't really make or break the XBox. It merely stopped the XBox from being a flop. I've said this a dozen times, and I'll say it again - Halo really isn't that big or popular of a title. There are other titles out there that are astronomically popular, have been around a/ decade(s).

Also, Halo is a very generic first person shooter.
Yes, and we will disregard the 8 million copies it sold worldwide(Halo 2). Yup Halo isn't that big at all, nope not at all. Though I suppose you don't know how many games have broken 8 million, about 18 other games sold more copies than Halo 2.
I love how people accuse Halo of being a generic first person shooter. In most of these cases, the accusers have never actually played the game. ;-)

Halo is to Half-Life what Dragon Warrior is to Final Fantasy. I'm sure everyone would agree that the latter game in each pair is better than its former, but that doesn't mean that the former games are significantly worse, and there's no way you'd accuse Dragon Warrior of being a "generic RPG".
Page: 1 2 3 4