Everything you're complaining about here can be changed in the new pager. You can filter for certain types of games, and you can set it up to show only friends of yours.
DistantWorld101 wrote:
yes but so far every time i get on the pager i gotta change it.. it gets pretty annoying having to..

and i shouldn't have to being the byond pager should be just just a small pager client to see your friends page them. and quickly join your favorite games.. not to see a whole website.

There.
Small pager client!
I paged my friend LordAndrew!
If my memory serves me right, the pager almost always had the whole website. As a matter of fact, it used to be that way in the BYOND 3.0-based versions of Dream Seeker where you had access to the whole website.

Not only that, but old BYOND-related game ads used to show up every now and then. Here is an old screenshot from 2004 I took from Dragonball Zeta during the BYOND 3.0-based days (It was like that even when I first joined BYOND in late 2003):

The old hub button used to lead to the actual BYOND hub website. People from before May 2005-July 2005 would know this since anyone who joined after a certain date would've been using BYOND 3.5-based versions by now.
Windows XP and BYOND 3.5... That takes me back to the good ol' days... Long, long ago before Windows and BYOND took a huge downfall...
Glad you seen through with this update and got it released, it has been awhile since the last, but what an update!

So yeah, not much on the development front but the user-end is far superior so well done everyone involved in that end. I hope the changes regarding ads help a bit, I doubt they will fix all the problems but if it makes a dent to the bills then its all good.

I recently renewed my membership, although I went for the cheaper long term option, sorry about that :( I have however in the past year taken out my game subscriptions bypassing BYOND, even if it means less money for me. I know this is largely peanuts (25% of $3 a piece isn't a great deal) but I'll try my best to continue improving my games so we can both benefit from it.
I can't seem to get this new pager working. It just hangs on "loading game data" and never does anything else. So I can't give any opinion until I can actually use it.
In response to Dath123
Dath123 wrote:
I can't seem to get this new pager working. It just hangs on "loading game data" and never does anything else. So I can't give any opinion until I can actually use it.

Have you tried redownloading, as per the original post says? If not, use the Bug Report section
Cloud Magic wrote:
uhg, the negativity here reaks. I suggest Tom locks this

They can still bring up a new post just to keep ranting about this.
They can quit, they act like BYOND will die the minute they leave. Haters gonna hate.
In response to Acebloke
Acebloke wrote:
Have you tried redownloading, as per the original post says? If not, use the Bug Report section.

Yeah I went to redownload it about three times (including uninstalling what I had on my computer beforehand)

It just sits there, as if it's not actually loading and really froze.
I used to be able to see the full image of a game in the old version but in the new version the right side of the screen is cut off. I cant see the tabs on the side anymore cause of the cutting.
Cloud Magic wrote:
uhg, the negativity here reaks. I suggest Tom locks this

What did you expect from the BYOND community. :'( Makes me sad.. Pager is awesome and BYOND team needs to continue there work or I will be bored and have nobody to contribute to.
Just noticed this but.. you're going to quit because of ads and having more versatility? Damn, I see you quitting a lot of internet based things. I guess you don't use youtube, or any sites that dump ads on you.

Instead of rejecting it outright, why not just request that the developers add some setting management in, to where you can control how things appear when you start the pager? Or would that be harder than being negative? :P
looks great
In response to Uppala
If you believe you're encountering a bug in the new pager, please post a detailed bug report in the Beta Bugs subforum. In the case of your issue, try to include screenshots as to what's happening.
idk anything
I hate new pager.
In response to Derrickjr
Derrickjr wrote:
I hate new pager.

New Pager hates you.
In response to Derrickjr
Well your comment is totally relevant since you're telling us the reasons as to why you hate it.
when is it coming out
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10