In response to Makeii
Makeii wrote:
I am going to enjoy playing the hell out of some of these games. The entries for GI2W look so much better than the GIAW entries thus far.

In response to Makeii
Big difference in what you can do in two weeks compared to a single week.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Big difference in what you can do in two weeks compared to a single week.

On the contrary, I wouldn't have the attention span to keep on a project for two weeks, but I am amazed at what people are doing here.

Also I am a judge for GI2W. : P
In response to Makeii
So? >:O But someone whom has dedication to what they're doing can do a LOT more in two weeks than a week.
The games in general just seem more fun though. The last contest had a lot of generic (but fun) sidescrollers. This contest, due to the restrictions, is coming out with a lot more creative and very different concepts. All of the games shown are pretty much unique from each other and look really good and fun. I think the 5 color restriction in particular makes a lot of these games look fun and good looking to me.
i missed the start date i got a week to do this thing
In response to Bumblemore
Bumblemore wrote:
i missed the start date i got a week to do this thing

Actually, you have five days to get in on it. Make a big push, though, I'll be putting mine on the hub probably 2 weeks after the deadline. I doubt I'll finish my goals by the end of the project.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
That puts me at around 24 hours left total to put into my project. I'm really starting to wonder if I'll make it.

Me too. I actually have around 32 hours remaining to work on my entry. I'm wondering if I should pull an all nighter on Thursday night to squeeze more hours in.

I'm not sure if I'll even have a playable entry to submit by friday... :[
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
I'm not sure if I'll even have a playable entry to submit by friday... :[

Ahhh same lol. I maybe bite off more than I can chew.

Ok, so my entry is going to be the non-violence theme. In my game, you play as a blind man searching for two eyes to be implanted into him. Because you are blind, this is what your screen looks like at all times:

You are not prepared.

Yut Put wrote:
..yeah... you can count me out of this one

Your entry wouldn't have been better than mine anyway.
What I managed to get done staying up till 4:30 AM. Adding in a bunch of towers to protect the base while you're out kicking butt in your mech tank. Sure am getting close. Just a lot of content to add... Zane gave me a bunch of great sound effects that fit in nicely.

Sweet!
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Ok, so my entry is going to be the non-violence theme. In my game, you play as a blind man searching for two eyes to be implanted into him. Because you are blind, this is what your screen looks like at all times:

[black]

You are not prepared.

I'm afraid, Developous already did this game. Was possibly ... http://www.byond.com/games/Developous/DevsDung ? Also, he developed it in just one day, not 2 weeks, slowpoke.
That darned Developous! Defeating me at every turn! Seizing every opportunity to humiliate me!
It seems I didn't get the memo and I had no idea this was going on. Turns out though, I started a project on the 3rd and have been making good progress. It applies to both the small window AND the simple color theme (so far).

So I might be able to just throw that in there. The only problem is, it does use Alpha level -sadface- (it's fine, I was planning to use more colors anyway), but it still meets the small window theme so, hooray! (9x7 32px, so it's one tile shy of 320! Whoo!). It is quite violent though so it'll never pass the non-violence one Hahah.

Best way to describe it: 4 player co-op sidescrolling dungeon crawler with a very retro look and will include multiple player puzzles to unlock hidden areas, enemies, and items.

So far, what's done: 4 combat abilities (1 of which you gain by default), 3 enemies, item drops, hud (maptext based too!), and platforms (both side to side and elevator style).

I'm only going to add about 3 more abilities, 4 or 5 more enemies, bosses, an exp system, a skill tree system, and finally a minimap. After that's it's just adding in areas and planning the routes, which was always quick work for me.

I'm essentially making a game that uses multiple simple features and focusing on gameplay. One of the reasons Gravity failed so hard was that, I spent so much time on the animations that the actual content of the game was almost nothing. What you saw in the demo was all added in the LAST DAY! So hopefully. with about 4 days left, I should be able to knock out most of the feature before the end of tomorrow, leaving me two days to plan out a simple point A to point B game map (where killing a boss unlocks the next area).

I'll upload an image in a bit, but for now, Wish me luck!
This is what it looks like so far, as for the style it's gonna stay that way. Don't ask why, I just like it.

Are you the box?

Yes. =)
That screen is very big.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17