5 Colors - Your entire game cannot use more than 5 colors. This includes your interface and everything. Also, no alpha is allowed.

Wait. So if my game is going for the 5 colors theme, and I use a normal Windows window, am I disqualified automatically? Or does this only apply to the game map? What about the output and grids, etc?
In response to IainPeregrine
Windows theme does not count towards your color count.
What about happy violence? Like say for instance two characters in my game slap each other - but it's a slap of kindness and joy and they really meant each other no harm. Does that cross the line or no?
Well Empirez, seeing as you see 'meant no harm', that implies harm was done. So no. Now on the other hand if their hands created rainbows and gave them happy feelings when they 'slapped', sure.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
What if my character shoots a kamehameha of pure joy?
If it's not too late, I'd like to join. I might actually enter something this time too. :P
For no violence, what about if you die, but your character is not really a person, more like a shadow, that just vanishes when he gets "hit". There's no one hitting him, but there's terrain that moves around and will "kill" him if he takes a wrong step. There's no actual violence, but you still have to stay alive.
this should clear things up

Violence is defined by the World Health Organization as the intentional use of physical force or power, threatened or actual, against a person, or against a group or community, that either results in or has a high likelihood of resulting in injury, death, psychological harm, maldevelopment or deprivation.[2] This definition associates intentionality with the committing of the act itself, irrespective of the outcome it produces.
In response to PixelRat
PixelRat wrote:
this should clear things up

Violence is defined intentional use of physical force or power, threatened or actual,

How bout a mental force that confuses a player
In response to BayJune
I think that's usually called "the user interface".
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:

I think he means a force that confuses a player's mob

P.S. I'm working on a game for the contest too
I forfeit, I'd rather work on my game, good luck all.
I'll put my name down again, but unlikely to see an entry but just in case.

Because I am a man, I pick all three themes.
In response to Prf X
Prf X wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:

I think he means a force that confuses a player's mob

You obviously didn't get the joke.
TOO MANY COLORS
TOO BIG

FAIL.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
TOO MANY COLORS
TOO BIG

FAIL.

Pick One.
Let's get this started.

It's not violent! :)
All 3 themes.

Even though I cannot win, I'm still working on an entry!

I'll assume you can guess the theme I'm using.
Wow, all looking great so far. *excited*
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17