In response to Oasiscircle
Woot woot, can't wait. I keep wanting to start working on a new project, but I have to keep reminding myself to save my efforts for this :D
Gah this is killing me! I want those themes! lol
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Gah this is killing me! I want those themes! lol

I second this. I have the weekend off, plus labor day, so I might actually be able to get a good start with this sudden free time haha
Put my name down.
In response to IainPeregrine
Awesome, themes come out in an hour! (:
30 more mins
Themes posted. Ask questions and stuff.
Ahhhh... those are some crazy themes... I'm intrigued.
For the small window theme, does this include optional controls, like a sound preferences pop-up? And would a game that used a 200px map be disqualified if it gave users the option to stretch the map to full screen or 2x size, etc?

For the 5 color theme, is that 5 colors total, or only 5 at a time?

For the violence theme, can we include violence outside of the main gameplay? For instance, in a game about talking with people and exploring dialogue, could we include a visual of a car-crash if a character was talking about it happening in their past?
In response to IainPeregrine
In the small window theme I posted that your only window (meaning you can only have one) can be no greater than 320x320 pixels. Scaling as an option is fine as long as it is scaling and not view increasing.
The 5 color theme is 5 colors total. This includes black and white.
No violence is the theme. No violence whatsoever.
I'll join.
In response to Digits
Welcome aboard, good luck and most importantly: have fun! (:
These are really fun themes to work with. I like these a lot. BUT I do have a question about the Small Window Theme:

Now, you say the dimensions for your window can only be 320 max for each. Are we allowed to scale the window, but still use 320 pixels?
In response to Makeii
Scaling is allowed, but make sure it is both optional and that the view stays the same.
Glad you like the themes! (:
Mkay! Next question. The Five Colors Theme:

Alpha can be described as both 255 and 0 values, which is complete transparency and complete visibility. If I had one of these five colors being my absolute transparent (because all images are rectangular and would look really silly with their masks) is this allowed?

Example: black, red, blue, white, transparent
In response to Makeii
100% transparency is free to use. I was talking more about partial transparency being used to make more colors.
Oh, so transparency is not considered one of the five colors to use? That gives me more to work with, as I do like to change up colors. I'm thinking I might do a game in 320x240 resolution, with black, red, blue, green,and white colors. And of course, will not have violence : P
In response to Makeii
Good luck! (:
C :
A game with no violence is like a bun with no hamburger.

BUT I SHALL ATTEMPT IT REGARDLESS.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17