ID:275289

I'm 17 and I've been bodybuilding for like only 1 year off and on now. I was wondering if any of you guys do anything like that. I know it's wierd a guy that likes to program and bodybuild, but who said that all geeks had to be weak guys with glasses? Well, it would also be cool if any of you guys are from California, cuz it would be cool to meet one of you guys. Honestly, you guys are great, I feel like BYOND is like a family of friends. You guys have great commaradary on this web site and I love it. Even though it has it's ups and downs, I'll love BYOND until it's no more. (and when that happens who knows what new fun site there will be that we all migrate to...)Anyway, sorry to digress, but back to the subject. If there are any body builders IM me at byondcowboy (AIM). It would be cool to talk to you guys.

_____
Eat lightning, **** thunder!
Oh man, I smell Zion Swordsman somehow surpassing ban.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
I bodybuild and I live in California. Where in California do you live, I live in San Diego. I haven't worked out all summer but when school starts on monday I'm gonna get back into shape. I'm pretty weak though my bench max was only 165lbs last year but my squat max was like 225lbs which isn't too bad. I could also dead lift like 315lbs.
In response to Tokabol
I live in Hesperia. It's near victorville near big bear near barstow if you know what I mean. I can bench press 210 at most ( yeah i know it's not a lot but oh well). i have no means to do squats so i have no idea what i can do. I have the bowflex too and that thing is very cool. It's not as good, I think, as having real weight to fight against gravity, but it makes you strong.
In response to Kusanagi
? Uh, did you accidently post in the wrong thread buddy?
In response to Tokabol
I bench maxed 240 last year. Never squat maxed but I did 185 on my last set yesterday. Yeah, I know its sad, I can bench more than I can squat, I have a good excuse though, I have that acid reflux thingymajig, and last year I threw up everytime I did squats, so I just stuck to leg press.
In response to Sir Ham
Hes being antagonistic, don't mind him. Some guy on the forum awhile ago(whos name was mentioned just a post ago)thought he'd become really strong by running around with weights in a backpack.
In response to Jotdaniel
Actually, the guy said he was strong and began bragging on the forums, and every other post was about him doing this supposed training.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
Ohwell, I only read part of it. I admit some people go a little far with that sort of stuff.
I am a computer geek who doesn't look like a geek at all either :) Lots of others here aren't either. I bodybuild, but not excessivly.
Well, living in northern Minnesota, I can say that I know only one to two people in my entire town that actually body build... bleh. I could never bodybuild... I'm too tired to.

I think it'd be appropriate to quote "The Sleepy Kitten Song" - "Life is just a yawn from the day since I was born - I was livin' in my bed inside my dreams."

Hehe.... cute kitty kitty....

http://www.b3ta.com/sleepy-kittens/

-Chris--"I love to quote"

In response to Jotdaniel
You know what I found odd about Lucas, he never had a nemisis or rival. He was insanely strong, but I dont think he ever mentioned fighting anything. Id expect someone like him to make up a sparring partner at the least (It breaks the laws of manga to not have a rival).
In response to Tokabol
...Even I do more than that. Sheesh. But yeah, I was thinking Zion Swordsman all over, haha.
Well, I am 18 from New York and I really have never stuck with bodybuilding. Although my pocket money lies in construction this summer, I would find no reason to "bodybuild", carrying around 60-70 plywood forms from a loading truck to a 7' pit dug for foundation is good enough exercise for anyone. (Especially after you set them up, pour a mold, take them down, and carry them out of the pit)

When I do lift, be it for school or fun (Usually something to do at school when I am bored), I can benchpress 210 lbs and squat 430 lbs, But I weigh 185 lbs (I'm not fat though, I am kinda halfway between bulky and skinny). My school always trys to get me to play football for them... but I'd rather work, spend time with friends and dating. I tried football 3 years ago in 9th grade, but I like having money more.

Anyway, the best kind of "bodybuilding" would be running a few miles, I usually do it before I go to sleep (I'm not sure how many but I go for over an hour, to the northway and back). I just wish to keep a good appearance and a healthy heart.

~; ){en )3ishop ;~
You people put me to shame... I'm 16 and I can probably bench no more than 130... I could probably squat 200 or so.. but even that isn't a lot... I am fast though(martial arts) =D And I too do not look like a nerd, though I am, I have been called a goth/skater hybrid. =/ Which is cool I guess.

Resonating Light
In response to DarkView
Cuz god knows we all live in a yellow submarine...I mean manga.
In response to Resonating_Light
I know i said i was gonna be out looking for a job but i found a spare moment before i fall asleep anyways...
im 17 and i havent been body building in years, last time i checked i could only bench around 50 pounds, and if they put you to shame imagine how i feel right now admiting this, anyways ive been told i dont look like a nerd and although alot of people call me wierd =D anyways to sleep i go and off towards Puyallup & Tacoma tommorow =D see ya all later
Ya, I'm a football player, so I'm in the weight-room every day (football season never really ends). I can currently max out at 270 for two reps (strange, I can get 270 twice in a row easy, but can't get 275 once *_*). I'm sort of biased on upper-body, mainly because my knees begin to hurt when I squat more than 335 (I had surgery on my knees a few years ago). I'm not what one would describe as a, "nerd". I am 6'4 and am 220 lbs. I am pretty decent in speed for my size/weight, I get a 5.0 flat in the 40-yd.