ID:266869

My game file is really big is there any way to make it smaller?
Soori-99 wrote:
My game file is really big is there any way to make it smaller?

Yes, there is.
The biggest files in your .zip will probably be .wav files. If you're using a lot of .bmp files, or big ones, those are bad too--convert them to .png.

To reduce the size of .wav files, you can load them up in a sound editor. If they're a large size it's probably because they're high quality; CD-quality .wavs are 16-bit, stereo, 44.1 KHz. A good game .wav sould probably be more like 8-bit, mono, 11025 Hz. Your editor (if you don't have one, find one) should have options for you to reduce the sound quality.
For game purposes, this quality drop won't be noticeable.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
To reduce the size of .wav files, you can load them up in a sound editor. If they're a large size it's probably because they're high quality; CD-quality .wavs are 16-bit, stereo, 44.1 KHz. A good game .wav sould probably be more like 8-bit, mono, 11025 Hz. Your editor (if you don't have one, find one) should have options for you to reduce the sound quality.
For game purposes, this quality drop won't be noticeable.

Unless you're dealing with voices or high-pitched sounds. 11025 might pass for male voices, but you'd want to go higher for female voices.

Basically, I'd play around with it until you find the lowest setting that sounds the same.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Lummox JR
thanx