ID:259563

no one can join my servers and i dont know what is wrong every time someone trys to join it keeps sayin connection failed
this happens to me too. It didn't use to, but i'm on a wireless network now, and i think that may be the problem, although that sucks, and i think it would be fixable. But so far, i haven't found a way around it.
If you are using a router, you have to set up the port forwarding so you can host on certain ports.

If you are using a software firewall, just take it off when you host or reconfigure it to allow hosting on certain ports.

If you are using xp, you probably have a firewall already running. Try this:
Click Start, Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, select the Internet connection, Network Tasks, Change settings of this connection, Advanced tab, Internet Connection Firewall, uncheck or check the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
In response to Nebathemonk
k thx for telling me whats wrong
In response to Ebonshadow
Hey thanx i had that same problem i knew it was from the firewall but now i know wat to do.
In response to Ebonshadow
how do u open a port if u got a router???
In response to Zlegend2
Depends on the router. For normal home routers, you should be able to just type in something like 192.168.1.1 in your web browser to configure it. However, for really nice routers, like cisco routers (I doubt you have one), you use a serial connection to the Console port on the router. At any rate, you should have instructions that came with your router. Once you are in, you just need to set up port forwarding.