ID:259399

I want some larger cursor icons. Can .gif and/or .png files be specified as cursor icons?
Why cant you split a .bmp into pieces?

Alathon, the curious
In response to Alathon
Because I want transparency. As far as I know, you cannot make a cursor into multiple dmi icons.
In response to Lord of Water
i always wondered... whats a .png file, and how do you make them?
In response to Nebathemonk
whats a .png file, and how do you make them?

Sort of offtopic..

PNG stands for portable network graphic, and its just a very compressed non-lossy (meaning you don't lose picture quality) image file, that supports transparency. Its really a cool format, its just not used very often.

-AbyssDragon
Lord of Water wrote:
I want some larger cursor icons. Can .gif and/or .png files be specified as cursor icons?

We don't support those formats currently. The cursors must be 32x32, same as the tiles. They will shrink to fit the map in small-icon mode as well.
In response to AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:
whats a .png file, and how do you make them?

Sort of offtopic..

PNG stands for portable network graphic, and its just a very compressed non-lossy (meaning you don't lose picture quality) image file, that supports transparency. Its really a cool format, its just not used very often.

I use it as much as I can, now, since I don't want nor like GIFs. =)
In response to Spuzzum
alright, there a nice format. Sounds just like what i need... but, paint doesn't make them :p, what do i need, or should i just label my file .png and have it work?
In response to Nebathemonk
I dunno, I can use paint to make .png files. Though, I edited the .png properties to open in paint automatically. You can make them with paint, Dream Maker, Paint Shop Pro, and many other programs.