ID:152116

Well, in my game there are a couple players who don't speak english, and use a Portuguese to English translator somewhere. I'm thinking it would be possible to have a Portuguese to English translator in DM, but I have no idea how to go with this.

Is it really possible? I think so. Is it a good idea? Why not just let them use a translator? I don't know, it would be more convenient, I guess. I'm not sure how translators work, though.

Basically I want it easier for the Portuguese players that somehow found their way to my game to speak and understand what players say, without going to an online translator.

Kaiochao2536 wrote:
Well, in my game there are a couple players who don't speak english, and use a Portuguese to English translator somewhere. I'm thinking it would be possible to have a Portuguese to English translator in DM, but I have no idea how to go with this.

Is it really possible? I think so. Is it a good idea? Why not just let them use a translator? I don't know, it would be more convenient, I guess. I'm not sure how translators work, though.

Basically I want it easier for the Portuguese players that somehow found their way to my game to speak and understand what players say, without going to an online translator.

I was thinking about this a while ago but I don't know how well this following idea would work. Maybe copy each word they enter and then send it to some site to translate it. Once translated, copy the new word and put it on the output window. It shouldn't take no longer than 10 minutes to create something like this but it may be useless.
I know they have libraries for use with in-game languages. Not sure, but it might be possible to use one of those and edit it to translate the real languages.
In response to Calus CoRPS
Can you say lag?
In response to Calus CoRPS
You can't do that with DM. Babelfish, and I'm sure other translators, use POST to submit data, which world.Export() can't do.