In response to I AM TUNA
Everyone,
DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT THIS GUYS SAID!
Buy a PS3 they are perfectly good, nothing is wrong with them AT ALL.
In response to Gamester2
Gamester2 wrote:
Everyone,
DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT THIS GUYS SAID!
Buy a PS3 they are perfectly good, nothing is wrong with them AT ALL.

Apart from being expensive...
In response to Gamester2
How the hell do you know if a PS3 has nothing wrong with it at all if they haven't even been released yet?
In response to FaceOff Productions
Well i'm going to get a Ps3 and a Xbox360. I'll probably get a Xbox360 first if the Ps3 price is anything over 600 because i'm hearing stuff like it's going to be over $700 bucks.

But it just depends on what games come out first for what system. I don't think Ninja Gaiden II and KOTOR III will be coming out anytime soon so i'll probably get a Ps3 regardless of it's price.
In response to T-4112
The offical prices are at launch $499 for 20GB, $599 for 60GB.
In response to Xzar
Xzar wrote:
The offical prices are at launch $499 for 20GB, $599 for 60GB.
I dont see how an extra 40 gig warrants an extra $100, for $100 i can get an 120 gig hard disk by itself
In response to Critical
Thats not the only diffrence. The $600 model has intergrated WiFi,an intergraded memory card reader, and a digital HDMI connector.

The $500 model has no Wifi, or a memory card reader. It also comes with a analog component connector, and no HDMI connector.

In response to Xzar
Xzar wrote:
Thats not the only diffrence. The $600 model has intergrated WiFi,an intergraded memory card reader, and a digital HDMI connector.

The $500 model has no Wifi, or a memory card reader. It also comes with a analog component connector, and no HDMI connector.

You'd think wifi would be a basic feature for it.
In response to Critical
Critical wrote:
You'd think wifi would be a basic feature for it.

Why ? Because its easier to slander a system by trying to locate every possible situational flaw ? ;)
In response to Alathon
The official specs refer to it as Bluetooth, I beleive. Or maybe that's just the controllers... Are they the same? I heard that they have different fequencies or something like that.

And, you still have connection to the internet, you are just forced to get faster internet with the 20GB because it's wired. Wireless components are slower than their wired counterparts.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
Read this: PS3

I think this is true.

How about you?
In response to Alathon
Nor did the DS sell more.

I can say with certainty that in my city, Adelaide, the DS outsells the PSP massively. Barely anyone sells the PSP at all here - it just isn't worth it.
In response to Y2kEric
Very true. The fanbase has a lot of impact on how a console will be designed. Sony just wants to please their customers. We did not need all that other stuff anyway. Why would we use it? When would we use it?

I think the Sony PS3 is fine, aside from the 512MB RAM; they should have placed a 1GB stick in there instead, so the PS3 may still be a little short on RAM when dealing with all of it's other hardware components. Developers are going to want to take advantage of what they can.

The Playstation is still the most anticipated and critisized console out there. I don't see any threads saying "Don't get an Xbox 360" or "Don't get a Wii" (That Wii one sound spretty funny. Hahah, I'm so immature.)
Why do moderators close topics when people ask questions they dont like but when a big flame/spam war has started they leave it alone and watch. Seriously this has been going on now for well over half a month. CLOSE IT!
In response to Shattered wings
I don't see any flame war happening, just a big spammy topic. But if people still want to contribute to it, and its not degrading into a "stfu u stupid idiot!!!" thread, whats the point in closing it?

You can always adjust the forum to view topics instead of individual posts.
The 16th of the month to the 31st is not "well over half a month." In fact, it is less than half a month. Either way though, age should not be a reason to close something.
In response to Y2kEric
Whether or not it's really "true", it is interesting. I think what he's saying does hold some water, too - a lot of people who liked playstation 2 but had some gripes with it will really love PS3. I just wish Sony didn't mix it up with all the other bull. Honestly, if a PS3-like system were built by somebody other than Sony, I would like it better. Or, if Sony Music divided away from all the rest of Sony and became "Domineering Jackass Digital Media, inc.", it would serve everybody a lot better.

But as things are, though the PS3 most probably won't flop, the fact that Microsoft and Nintendo are gaining major ground is quite evident.
In response to Loduwijk
Who cares? Did I tell you to correct me? Alls it is, is a big debate about the PS3 Who really gives a flying [bird] we had about 10 topics about it, If your really interested in the topic of PS3 do google search and go to some PS3 forum and debate there! Dont whine to byond members. And in FACT It is half the month give or take a couple hours smartass.

[Edit: Bleeping out (Replacing letters with stars[*]) does not 'cover up' a swear word. All it does is show me that you're well aware you aren't supposed to be using those words in that context here -Alathon]
Shattered wings wrote:
Who cares?

Apparently the people replying to this topic do.

Ironic how you were whining about some supposed flames when you are the one doing the most/worst flaming.

As for talking about gaming, that is the whole point of this section of the forum. It makes no sense whatsoever for you to say "stop talking about games in a gaming forum and go do it in a gaming forum."

Yes, it was about half a month. That was exactly the point I was making, as you were trying to say it was way more than half a month when in fact it was just almost half a month. The word almost is not in the same ballpark as the phrase way more than.

If you are done degrading people and shouting out irrational orders, I will make a suggestion as well. Perhaps you would find yourself more at home were you to move over to the Gamefaqs community; I hear they tollerate - even uphold - such behavior.
This topic falls well within the spectrum of the Gaming forum. As such, it has not been closed.

Until now, it has remained (relatively) peaceful.

Keep it that way, please - I have no desire to lock this topic, but if it becomes necessary appropriate action will be taken to the extent it is required.

If you have doubts about the sorts of topics allowed on this forum or how our community standards work, please visit the Help link above and read the Community Standards

Kind regards,
Alathon
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12