In response to Xooxer
Someone once said it's not the voters that make a difference, but the vote counters.

For future reference, the quote about this is attributed to Joseph Stalin.
In response to AZA
The topic was a slogan used by someone or another.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Why not? I have every right to complain. I had nothing to do with either canidate winning or losing. I am not responsible for Bush taking office, for the Green Party practically giving it to him, or the outcome of this election. I didn't do this, you did. If anyone has a right to complain, it's me, not you. You made your bed, I don't have to sleep in it.

WIf you voted, you would have something to do with it. By not voting, you're allowing somebody else to make your decision for you, so if you don't like the decision they've made, then too bad; you can't complain since you could have voted.
In response to AZA
Vote or Die is the name of an MTV campaign run by P Diddy.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Hedgemistress wrote:
No, it's not your fault Bush was elected.

He hasn't won yet.

~X
Now he has.
In response to Nyck
Um, not really. All the votes aren't even counted yet.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Well, Goku, you see, if youmake an educated vote for even the wrong person, you don't forfeit your right to complain. That's because, obviously, when you voted for them, you didn't have the knowledge that they were going to do something so horrible. As for the lesser of the two evils thing, endorsing something is one thing, but anonymously endorsing it is different. Do you think somebody will be inspired by your abstinence from voting if it's anonymous? Really, it is important to vote for the lesser of the two evils.
In response to nick.cash
nick.cash wrote:
Xooxer wrote:
It's not like you're voting for a president anyways. You're voting for a guy who votes for the president. You're voting for the promise of a vote.

I think your implication here is that the promise might be broken, which, unless I'm mistaken, has never happened. In many states electors are required by law to vote the way the popular electorate votes.

Your other points are perhaps valid, but this isn't quite.

Well, no. Sorry, Nick, but that's not actually true. In no state are electoral college people required to vote the way of the popular vote. That's probably the biggest flaw in the government.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Nope, check the news, Kerry gave his consession speach and Bush gave his victory speach. Bush won Ohio and has 272 (?) electoral votes, and he needed 270 to become president, so he won.
In response to Wizkidd0123
I didn't let anyone make any decision for me because I chose not to decide. I don't have a choice to make, I refuse to choose and my not voting does not mean someone else voted for me. They voted for themselves. They didn't cast a ballot in my name. I am not affiliated with any decisions made because I am not part of this. I choose not to be part of it and no amount of you saying I am is going to make it so.

And, I most certainly can complain. I don't know where you people get off telling me I don't have the right to speak my mind. I do. Look:

Bush is a bad president. I don't like Bush. I wish Kerry would have not quit before the end, the loser.

See, I can still complain. I can rant and rave and throw a tantrum if I want to. I can protest and petition and march on Washington if I want to. I can becuase I have those rights granted to me by THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! I am a US citizen with certain UNAILIENABLE RIGHTS. That means I have EVERY RIGHT to speak my mind.

Not voting does not invalidate my citizenship here. It does not take away any of my rights, and you telling me I have no right is a lie, delusion and just plain rude. It's my life, my choice. You don't have to understand it, but you do have to accept it. If you don't like it, too friggen bad. Deal with it and quit telling me what I can and cannot do.

~X
In response to Nyck
Um, yeah. Speaches a president do not make. The votes aren't all tallied, there is no clear victor yet. Just because Kerry is wimping out doesn't mean Bush won.

~X
In response to Nyck
Nyck wrote:
Xooxer wrote:
Nope, check the news, Kerry gave his consession speach and Bush gave his victory speach. Bush won Ohio and has 272 (?) electoral votes, and he needed 270 to become president, so he won.

I think some people are just being pedantic. In all practical terms, Bush has won. Technically, the Electoral College won't meet until next month (Dec 13th?), so "in theory" it's still up for grabs until then. But nothing's going to change the outcome of that vote at this point. It's extremely improbable, if not statistically impossible at this point that enough electoral votes will change hands to Kerry after all votes are counted.
In response to Mike H
There are still votes to count. Hundreds of thousands of them. You can't say who won until all the ballots are counted.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
There are still votes to count. Hundreds of thousands of them. You can't say who won until all the ballots are counted.

You can if the number of ballots left to be counted is less than the difference Kerry would have to make up in a particular state. :) Even in cases where that's not true, I believe the statistical trends suggest that the chances of Kerry receiving enough of the uncounted votes to turn it around are overwhelmingly slim. Numerically possible in theory, but not in practical terms.

It's like saying the Clippers could win the NBA title this year. Possible in theory, but definitely not in practice. :)

Not that I'm happy about either that or the projected election result.
In response to Mike H
Also worth noteing, Bush won both electoral & popular vote!.
In response to Xooxer
We did not win our freedom by ourselves. France helped us in the war against Britain and we could have not done it without them. Also, if a parent fed their child the food, not knowing it would kill him (and he died) they would get off free, as I said earlier, by invincable ignorance.

Just wanted to point out that after that Farenheit 9/11 movie, plus all those "disses" against George W. Bush in South Park and other shows, he still won by both popular vote and by the Electoral College. This just goes to show how many people want Bush.
In response to Critical
It does not matter how big China's military force is. The U.S. would obliverate them. Our technology is far better then their militaries. They still fight the old fashion way (they still have the knives on the gun and charge at you when close, meanwhile, we can just throw a grenade at them or pull out a handgun and shoot them).
In response to Critical
Um...we have located the chemical weapons awhile ago- but eh- we lost sight of them again. >.>
In response to Hedgemistress
The only reason this is not going to be a "swift victory" is because we had nothing planned. They did not organize anything. All they did was deploy men onto the battlefield and left them to do whatever.
In response to Xooxer
Hillary Clinton is running for president in 2008. People say she has a good chance of winning but I am not going to jump to conclusions. I guess we will just wait and see....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8